First talk

The next morning we get up quite early. The house is still empty and quiet so I assume that Becky isn't up yet. I get a bit insecure because of that.

"Should we go back to bed? Isn't it a bit rude to be here without Jacky being awake?" I say.

"No, it's fine. I just need a coffee already." Ellie just shrugs. She has been best friends with Becky for long so I just trust her. I stand with my back leaned against the kitchen counter and watch Ellie making herself a coffee. She is surprisingly calm considering she will face her ex wife today.

"Are you nervous?" I ask her.

"No because I know what I want. I don't care how we will get there but I know that we will get there." She says. She says that with so much confidence and that really makes me feel good. I think I'm more nervous than she is. I mainly fear that this woman will hurt Ellie in any way.

"Stop worrying about me. You don't have to worry." Ellie chuckles.

"I'm not worried."

"Yes you are. I see it in your face." She says. Her coffee is finished and she stands in front of me. I'm still leaning against the kitchen counter. Ellie gives me a short kiss on the lips and then turns around and stands with her back at me. I wrap my arms around her waist from behind. She takes a sip from her coffee and I just lay my head on her shoulder.

"I missed our morning cuddle today." I say.

"I'm sorry. You'll get an evening cuddle." Ellie says with a soft laugh. I love her laugh. I gently kiss her cheek a few times while she continues to sip her coffee. I enjoy to just feel her body in my arms. I feel her smiling every time that I kiss her cheek.

"I love you." I whisper into her ear.

"I love you too." She whispers back. This is such a good way to start the day and makes me more relaxed about everything.

"Am I interrupting something?" I suddenly hear Becky's voice and look up. I want to let go from Ellie but she holds on to my arm to hold me in place.

"I'm just having a coffee." She casually says.

"And getting a few morning kisses from your English lover girl." Becky says in a joking voice. I have to lightly chuckle at that.

"Stop calling her that." Ellie says.

"Sorry. What's your plan for today?" I'm also interested in that.

"We'll go visit Nina after lunch." Ellie says.

"Do you even have a contract for her to sign?" Becky asks.

"Yes of course. I just need her signature."

"What about Leah?"

"She will come with me." Ellie says. "To protect me." She adds while turning her head at me. I know she secretly thinks it's cute.

"That isn't such a bad idea. You don't know what she is like now." Becky says.

"See, I told you." I say.

"I think it's cute how you want to protect me." Ellie smiles.

"Maybe she will be intimidated by Leah." Becky laughs.

"Was that a joke?" I act a bit insulted.

"No, I meant it. I think you can be intimidating. I saw your face during your matches."

"I showed it to her." Ellie adds.

"Sure you did." I kiss her cheek again. It's sweet how she always shows her friends pictures of me. To be fair I did the same when we started dating. In this moment I'm happy that we spent the morning like this. I just hope that the mood will stay up after this meeting. Maybe it won't be that bad and she will just agree.