5

Kayn left the next morning after breakfast. We had another session before he left. When he left he handed me so money and told me to go shopping or something. I'd messaged the girls but had no faith in them showing. To be fair, I deserved them not to show up after how I acted.

As I started to stand up from the bench I'd been waiting on I felt arms gently wrap around me. "Hey, sweetpea." Yuri's voice whispered.

Hugging back, I buried my face in her hair. "I'm so sorry about yesterday," I whispered.

"No," she responded sweetly, "I shouldn't have treated you any differently."

"Well," Aiko started with a smile, "a little retail therapy should make everything better."

I smiled as we walked into the mall. We stopped in the food court to grab smoothies before we went to the first few stores. Yuri told me all about her date with Yone. It sounded a bit like an interview, but she said they also got to know each other well. He'd texted her that he wanted to do it again. I told them about my recent interactions with Kayn, including the night before.

"He pays you?" Aiko asked with furrowed brows.

"That's weird," Yuri added. "He understands that there's a difference between a dancer and an escort, right?"

"That's the thing!" I replied, feeling less dumb for being confused. "He knows we're fuck buddies, yet he pays me?" I shook my head. "Like, I brought it up this morning and he said, 'Consider it a thank you for the sex.' I don't need to be thanked, I was there too. I also have an amazing time."

Yuri giggled as we walked into the lingerie store. "Maybe you should get something he'd like. Buy him a gift with his own money." She suggested.

I looked around at the mannequins. "That would be fun," I smirked as I spotted a strappy black lace set. "He'd love this," I smirked.

"So get it." Aiko giggled. "Then, when you get home put it on and snap a few pics."

"Then I could tell him he can't come over," I said mischievously.

"You and your kinky shit." Yuri rolled her eyes jokingly. "The more I think about it, the more you two seem perfect for each other."

Shaking my head I chuckled. "Perfectly wild," Aiko said. "I'd hate to be Mika's neighbor."

"Oh, Kayn!" Yuri teased. "Harder, Kayn!"

"Shut up!" I whispered as slapped Yuri's arm. "Besides, if he went any harder I'd be in the hospital."

Yuri shook her head as she chuckled. Aiko looked like she wanted to hide from the world. We continued shopping and talking about different things. It felt much better than leaving them at the café like a jealous child.

~~~~

When I got home I tried on a few things and took a few pictures. Jim and I had dinner together. With a piece of leftover pizza hanging from my mouth, I zoned in on my match of Night Raid. When my team lost the round for us I groaned and flopped back. I took a hit off of my vape and grabbed my phone.

Me: What's up?

Kayn: Gaming, you?

Me: Same. What game?

Kayn: Night Raid, you?

My jaw dropped as I looked through the name list. PinkyWinky, no. MuffinMaster404, no. MyPissIsBlood, No. TheRealTit... maybe... nah. When I looked through the enemy team I rolled my eyes.

Me: No fucking way! Don't tell me your tag is fucking xXRhastDestroyerXx. 🤭

Kayn: 🤨

Kayn: Let me guess.

Kayn: JimsBeans

Me: Yup!

Kayn: Is that your name on Discourse too?

Me: It might be.

I received a friend request on Night Raid. Quickly accepting it, I threw on my headset and joined the game's built-in friend VC.

"Are you playing on console?" Kayn's voice carried disgust.

"I don't have a pc!" I responded defensively. "My laptop is only good enough to edit photos."

"Yeah," he groaned, "I'll be fixing that."

"What do you mean you'll be fixing it?" I questioned with feigned frustration.

"I mean I'll be getting you a pc." He stated as if it were obvious.

"I don't have room for one in this tiny ass apartment," I responded with a laugh.

"By the sliding door to the balcony." He said confidently.

As I looked at the empty wall space my eyebrow raised. "Oh, that could work," I replied under my breath.

"Or, you could get a house." He suggested nonchalantly.

"If I did that I'd need a car to get to work," I stated.

I could hear a sigh come through my headset. "Get a car, then get a house, and then you and Jim will have room for anything your hearts desire." He responded as it was as easily done as it was said.

I checked my bank app as we waited in the queue. "I supposed I could afford a car," I said, looking at my savings.

"How much do you have saved up?" He asked.

"About seven hundred thousand," I answered as I tossed my phone aside and grabbed my controller.

"You can afford a car." He replied with a disappointed tone. "Along with a down payment on a house and furniture for the place."

"It's not just the money." I sighed.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I paused, thinking about how to word it. "I guess it's just a big step that I'm a bit nervous about taking. Jim and I have lived here since I was eighteen. For seven years this has been my home. I enjoy being able to wake up and walk down the street to any place I want to go. Yuri and Aiko also live in the city. So, they're much closer to where I am now."

"Listen," he ordered, "are you listening?"

"I am," I respond, feeling ashamed.

"It's going to be scary." He paused and I could hear him move around. "I'd never admit it normally, but I was a little hesitant about joining Heartsteel for similar reasons. I'd never been to Tokyo. I was just some guy living in a small town, making music in his bedroom. I thought that doing something like this was out of my league." He paused. "I can ask a couple of the guys about any connections they might have. Maybe they know someone who can help you find something your style. Ok?"

"That would be nice," I responded.

"Busy tomorrow?" He asked as we started loading into a game.

"Nope," I answered, sending him a picture of me in the set I bought earlier and a leash I'd bought with him in mind, "should I wait in that?"

His growl almost made me wet. "As much as I would love it, maybe wear something a little more modest." He groaned. "Fuck, I'm hard now."

"I'll wear it underneath." I giggled playfully.

"Mmm," he hummed, "such a good little slut."