30

The sun was already setting when I finally woke up. I checked my phone to see a slew of missed calls and messages. Trading my phone for the whisky bottle on my nightstand, I sat up. Kayn's naked body lay sprawled out under the blanket. The taste of whiskey brought back memories of the night before.

The whole night we'd drank and partied. We must've fucked in that bathroom for at least an hour. Videos from the club littered our social media. Luckily I'd been smart enough to only post on my personal accounts and not my business accounts.

Bites and bruises covered my body. I picked up my shirt from the floor. It reeked of alcohol. Tossing it, I took another drink. As I sat the bottle on my nightstand I got out of bed. I ambled to the closet and grabbed the first shirt I saw. Walking out, I saw Kayn peeling himself off of the bed.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I spoke quietly.

"Good..." He turned to look out of the window, "fuck it close enough to morning for me." His hand slapped down on his nightstand, reaching for his phone. Checking it he let out a groan.

"Same here." I chuckled. He grabbed his bottle from the floor, holding it out to me. "Already two or three drinks ahead of you," I informed him, holding up my hand.

Taking a drink, he eyed me over. "Is that my shirt?" He asked as he wiped the corner of his mouth.

Raising a brow, I looked down. "Yep," I shrugged, "grabbed the first thing I saw."

"Mmm," he hummed. "You're so fucking hot."

Rolling my eyes, I walked over and straddled him. "Did you feed Jim last night?" I asked as I watched him take a drink.

"You did," he responded. "After you cradled him for half an hour, telling him how handsome he is."

I glanced back to see Jim asleep in his fancy bed. "Can't help that he's a handsome old man," I replied with a smile.

"Pizza?" Kayn asked while he scrolled on his phone.

"Pizza, sushi, a salad." I hummed, craving food. "I'm fucking starving."

Kayn did a couple of things on his phone before it started vibrating. "What?" He groaned, answering it. I could hear K'Sante's very upset tone on the other end, though I couldn't make out what was being said. "Let us get a shower and we'll be right over." He paused, pulling the phone from his ear. "Fine, we'll be ready when he gets here." As he hung up his head fell back to the pillow. "Sett is coming to pick us up. Forgot that I was supposed to be in the studio today."

I leaned down, kissing his cheek. "After that, we can go out for the night," I suggested, sitting up.

~~~~

The drive to the Heartsteel house was filled with tense silence. After having spent a week going to the gym with Sett I could feel his disappointment. Though he seemed unphased, I could only imagine how Kayn was feeling.

Kayn immediately went to the studio once we got inside. I, however, was pulled to the side by Alune. We sat at the table with Aiko and Yuri in uncomfortable silence.

"Have you uh..." Yuri started, "Have you seen the videos?"

I scoffed, shaking my head. "I remember taking every last one," I replied sharply.

"We're worried about you," Aiko spoke gently. "We know your parents are a rough topic. The things they said..."

"Aren't fucking true." I snapped.

"We know." Yuri nodded.

"They were awful, Mika." Alune tried to smile comfortingly. In her eyes, I saw an uneasy fear. "We just want to talk. After what was said on that awful program we thought we could sit down and talk."

"And what?" I hissed. "I don't care about what they said. They can fuck off and die. I'm so far fucking beyond them that it's beyond laughable. They can shrivel up on that fucking trashy farm. I'm living my life. I'm living the life of a fucking superstar, having sex with the man of my dreams, and being the happiest I've ever been." Standing, I tried to walk away.

Aiko grabbed my wrist with tears in her eyes. "You almost died last time they came into your life." She choked out.

Flinging her hand from my wrist I snarled. "You think I'm weak?" I eyed her angrily from across the table.

"This isn't you, Mika," Yuri spoke softly.

Alune tried to stop me but recoiled as she got close. "Are you drunk?" She asked cautiously.

I brushed passed her. "If you guys cared you'd let me live my life," I growled.

"Mika, please!" Aiko yelled in a sob. "We don't want to lose you!"

The door to the studio flew open and footsteps came down the hall. Aphelios and K'Sante ran in just as I got to the threshold of the dining room. K'Sante looked at me and started to reach for me.

"Lay a hand on my woman and I fucking walk out, K'Sante," Kayn grumbled as he watched from the hall to the studio. "You'll never see either of us again."

K'Sante stopped short of my shoulder as I glared into his eyes. "I'm going upstairs," I informed Kayn, my eyes still fixed on K'Sante.

Walking past the crowd of on-lookers, I made my way up to Kayn's old room. As I flopped on his bed I tried to forget the faces of fear and sorrow. I didn't need their concern or their sympathy. The way I saw it, I was a god now. Nobody could touch me. There wasn't a worry in the world for me. With Kayn and Jim, I was perfectly happy.

It took forever for Kayn to finish. When he did he came up, slamming the door behind him. His eyes fixed on me with predatory ferocity. He pinned me to the mattress, his teeth grazing my shoulder.

"Fucking ass holes." He rumbled. "Tried to do the same the girls did to you."

"We don't need help." I laughed as he bit down. "We're gods."