6

I sat on my couch with my laptop and a cup of coffee. I'd been putting the finishing touches on a bunch of photos that I'd taken of a couple recently. Kayn mentioned he'd be by a bit earlier, but didn't give me any time estimate. It was afternoon and I was starting to feel a little impatient.

A loud knock at my door caused me to set my laptop aside. I got up and opened the door. Instead of Kayn at the door, I saw K'Sante holding a couple of large boxes. Letting him in I watched as Kayn walked in, chuckling to himself.

"This place is pretty small," K'Sante said as he looked around. "I like it." He sat the boxes down and approached me with such a kind smile. "It's lovely to meet you, Mika." He spoke respectfully. "You have a lovely home."

"Thank you." I blushed as I shook his hand.

"Kayn says you're going into the market for a house." He pulled a business card from his pocket. "This lady here is very customer-oriented. She'll find you something you love with no hassle." He leaned down. "I also put my number on there. Call if you ever need a friend. Kayn isn't usually this fond of his ladies and I'd hate to see someone as pretty as you brokenhearted." He gave me a soft hug.

I took the card and put it on the fridge. "Thank you so much," I replied.

"Who is this?" K'Sante asked joyfully as he picked up Jim. "What a cutie!"

"That's Jim," I informed him.

"He's handsome." He said as he pulled something from his back pocket. "I was going to give this to your momma but you could use some Heartsteel merch too."

"I have plenty." I laughed as I watched him tie a Heartsteel bandana around Jim's neck.

Jim brushed up against his beard and we both giggled. "Are you ladies going to help?" Kayn asked from the corner of the living room where the boxes had been set.

K'Sante and I giggled between ourselves before we went over to help. It took some squeezing and furniture shifting, but we managed to make enough room for K'Sante to put my small desk together. Kayn explained the specs of my PC to me while we unpacked it. Once everything was set up I couldn't help but smile.

"Kayn mentioned that you are very passionate about photography," K'Sante said as he looked at my still-open laptop.

"Yeah," I sighed, "but what I enjoy is a lot different from this." I grabbed my laptop as we sat side by side on the couch.

"Show him that one you sent me," Kayn ordered, taking a seat in the beanbag chair.

"Kayn." K'Sante chastised.

"Please, show him the one you sent me," Kayn said with an attitude.

Giggling to myself, I pulled up my portfolio. "This is my preferred media."

K'Sante gently took my laptop, staring with furrowed brows and a moved expression. "Your eyes," he whispered, "there so lost and lonely. I can see you looking for something like it's not even there."

"Feel free to look through them," I said as I stood. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Water, please," K'Sante responded.

Instead of replying Kayn followed me to the refrigerator. Seeming displeased with his options, he grabbed a rootbeer. I got K'Sante his water and returned to the couch.

"These are wonderful," K'Sante said, still flipping through my portfolio. "I can feel the emotion in all of them." He gently gave me my laptop as I sipped my coffee. "If you ever need a model I'd be more than happy to volunteer."

"Why thank you," I responded. "I'm always looking for new models."

"Well," K'Sante stood slowly, "as much as I hate to leave. There are a few things I have to do today." He looked at Kayn. "Will you be home tonight?"

Kayn looked at me. "It's up to you," I said with a smile. "I don't mind either way."

Kayn looked at K'Sante and shrugged. "To be determined." He replied.

We said our goodbyes to K'Sante and sat in silence for a few moments. The sun was setting. I knew that my work would have to wait, but I didn't think it would be put on hold for the reason it was.

"Night Raid?" Kayn asked casually.

"I was about to make us dinner," I replied, sliding my laptop onto my coffee table.

As I walked to the kitchen I could feel his eyes following me. I prepped wagyu, asparagus, and potatoes. While I waited to cook the wagyu I sat on Kayn's lap.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked with a sly smile.

"Sitting in my spot," I replied sassily.

He slowly caressed my hips, his fingers feeling out the straps of the bra I had on underneath. "Maybe after dinner, we could have some fun before we play our game." He spoke suggestively. "For now," he stopped his touching and rested his hands on my hips, "got any pre-work plans tomorrow?"

"I'll probably go car shopping," I answered honestly. "And give the realtor a call."

"K'Sante said he'd be happy to help you move in once you find a place." He responded, sitting back. "Of course, I'll help too."

"Furniture shopping is going to be a bit crazy," I said as I leaned forward against him. "I've never really thought about it, but I'll take a step at a time for now."

"I'm here to help if you need it." He offered politely before giving me a heated kiss. "As much as I'm enjoying this, we'll never get to dinner if you stay on my lap."

I got up and walked to the kitchen. "Feel free to play a few rounds while I cook." I offered kindly.

"Eh," he responded, "I'm going to set up your pc."

I watched as he went to my desk and sat in my new chair. K'Sante's words stuck in my head, feeding my delusion. Maybe Kayn seemed fond of me, but I knew he was just fond of the sex we had.