45

Two weeks since Kayn left. Two weeks of suffering on my own. The void continued to grow in my soul. There was an irreparable hole in my heart in the shape of a chaotic mess of a human being.

My fingers traced over the scar on my chest. Drowning my emotions wasn't helping anymore. A knock on my door startled me. Holding my bottle, I went to the door. Ezreal stood with a look of unease. Rolling my eyes, I let him in.

"Hey," he chirped with a smile. I didn't reply, making him visibly uncomfortable. "Long time no see?"

I'd never been attracted to Ezreal, but something in my brain wanted to see him tremble. Maybe it was his small build. Maybe it was his naturally cheerful attitude. As we crossed the threshold to the living room I pinned him to the wall.

"What brings you here." I breathed against his neck.

Trembling he held his hands against his chest. "I-I-I needed to talk." He mumbled as he looked at me fearfully from the corner of his eye.

My hand trailed up his stomach, to his chest. "Did you?" I asked with a dark tone. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"You need to go to the house." He whimpered.

"Scared of me?" I teased as I grabbed him by the cheeks, forcing him to look at me. "Why do you seem so uncomfortable?"

"Kinda," he admitted as I saw fear in his eyes. "I also realize you're very drunk. I've seen the marks you've left on Kayn. I'm not particularly attracted to you. I couldn't do that to Kayn." He rambled his answers. "Especially with how he's been for the past couple of weeks." He tried to wiggle from my grasp.

My brows furrowed as I listened, and my grasp grew firmer. "What do you mean by how he's been?" I questioned firmly.

"He's not left his room for two weeks, Mika." He replied with worry. "He came home and has been reclused ever since. I'm not even sure that he's been eating."

Releasing him, I pushed away. "Fine," I grumbled, "I'll bite."

Sliding on my shoes, I felt regret creeping up in me. "You'll come over?" Ezreal sounded relieved.

"Yup," I confirmed, "I'll meet you there."

He grabbed my wrist, leading me out of the house, grabbing my keys from the rack. "You're not driving." He stated as he locked the door for me.

We got in his car and rode to the Heartsteel house in silence. I walked in through the garage door to find worried faces and silence. Yone was the first to approach me.

"Hey," he whispered at a barely audible level, "I'm glad you finally came around." Sobbing came from upstairs. Yone looked up with a look of helplessness. "This has been the house at least every other night. He's been ordering food and hiding in his room."

"I'll go talk to him," I whispered, my words slightly catching in my throat.

Walking upstairs, the sobs became more clear. My hand raised to knock, but my fingers stopped short. As my hand rested on the knob I felt it turn with ease. The lights were dim. Kayn was balled up on his bed, his shadowy figure shaking slightly with each cry. Containers for salads and fruits were scattered on the floor. Apple juice bottles sat on his nightstand and the surrounding floor. His medication sat neatly by a half-empty juice bottle.

Carefully, I sat on his bed behind him. Sniffling, he turned around like he was angry. When our eyes met he sat up.

"Mika?" He whispered with a hint of disbelief.

"Hey, Kayn," I responded shakily.

He shook his head. "Why?" He asked as his body trembled slightly.

"We need to talk." I looked down at his floor with a broken heart. "Here I thought..."

He cut me off, shoving his phone in my hand. "Read it. All of it. I don't care." He spoke frantically.

"Kayn..." I started to protest.

"Please." He begged.

Unable to deny him, I turned on the screen. His wallpaper was me sitting on the grass by the warehouse. His password hadn't changed. When I opened his messages I saw Akali's contact buried by everyone else. Scrolling through the messages I found that Akali had been the only one flirting. Kayn had only egged her on. His replies stopped the same day he left.

"It reminded me of how things were before I got stabbed." He confessed as I turned off the screen. "I didn't want to fuck her or even see her. I just wanted to feel like I did before. Your care was suffocating at the time, but now..." His voice cracked. "Now it's all I want." He started to sob as he continued frantically. "I'm the world's biggest fuck up. I betrayed you in a way I never thought I could. I treated you like shit."

Thoughtlessly, I pulled him into my arms. "I forgive you," I whispered as I started to cry. "I love you, Shieda Kayn. I'll always be your girl."

"Don't," he muttered, "don't ever forgive me and never forget. If I ever treat you remotely like that again fucking rub this in my face."

His arms pulled me to him as his face buried in my neck. "Come home," I begged. "I can't keep going without you."

"I'll come home." He cried. "I'll do anything. I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." He clenched my shirt, squeezing me hard. "I won't complain. I'll take you to that arcade. I'll do anything. I was so fucking idiotic. You took care of me. You loved me. You made me happy. I made you cry. I hurt you in ways that I can never forgive myself for." His tears soaked my shoulder as mine soaked his. "You stayed by me through so much shit. You gave everything."

"I'd do it all again." I whimpered brokenly. "Anything to be by your side."