24

I sat at my PC, wrapped in a blanket. Kayn was still asleep. I'd cuddled with him for a while before deciding to use my spare time to edit my photos of K'Sante. When I finished touching up the first one I sent it to K'Sante. He was thrilled and asked to post it as a teaser. We both posted it and immediately received overwhelmingly positive feedback.

"Good morning," Kayn said as he sat a mug of tea on the coaster on my desk.

"Good morning." I smiled, kissing him.

He shuffled over to the beanbag in the corner of the room. I watched as he opened his energy drink and whipped out his phone. Seeing him do such small tame things always felt weirdly soothing. It felt like our relationship had been wild from day one. To be fair, night one literary left me in what I could only describe as an abandoned war zone. Seeing him so at peace made my heart flutter.

I decided to finish the photo I was working on before checking the comments on my post. As I pulled up the post I saw a wide arrangement of feedback.

KSantesBoy: Is this something I can buy? I need a print!!!!! 💳💳💳💳💥💥💥💥

KaynsWifey: Kayn's girlfriend is so talented! WTF

Margy: This is so beautiful. I had to look the guy up, but I get the message now.

Marvlovesthighs: BRB CRYING!!!!!

TheRealShiedaKayn: This bitch thinks she's cool? Please!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Heartstolen: She's gotta know Kayn is cheating on her.

Phelspillow: So beautiful! Keep it up!

Kaynsleftfoot: This woman probably doesn't realize he's getting nudes from other girls while they go on their cutesy little fake dates. Sad really.

As I closed the app I found my eyes wandering over to Kayn who was still on his phone. Something on it made him smile and he started typing. A pit formed in my stomach as I looked away. What if he was cheating? What if he was sending and receiving nudes? My head started to fill with questions.

"Movie night?" Kayn asked, ripping me from my thoughts.

"That sounds nice," I replied, forcing a smile.

He got up, putting his phone in the pocket of his sweatpants. "Wanna play Night Raid until then?" He asked as he walked over to me.

"Yeah," I answered, "let me finish up here and I'll be down."

"Ok," he responded before walking out of the room.

I went to ClikClok to clear my head. I scrolled, watching animal videos, gaming highlights, and the occasional clip of a previous Heartsteel concert. Then a video popped up of a woman with a picture of Kayn and me as the background.

"For this woman to think she's his only girl is honestly sad." She said with a frown. "I've gotten nudes from him after a one-night stand. I'm not saying I'm not happy. I'm plenty happy with the way things went. But, things ended because I got a glimpse of him sharing nudes with other women. I just hope she doesn't get too attached like I did. Because he will cheat and leave once he's found out for being the womanizer he is."

I felt like I was going to be sick. My body was reluctant to move from my seat. Still, I stood up and went downstairs. When I got down there I found Kayn leaning against the counter, on his phone. He looked up, spotting me. He turned off his phone and sat it on the counter with the screen facing down.

"What are you up to?" I asked cautiously.

He smiled and nodded to his phone. "Ordering breakfast." He answered casually.

"Ok," I replied.

He tilted his head, looking at me from head to toe. "Something is bothering you." He pointed out. "You're standing there like you've been scolded..." He looked me over again. "Or... like you did when you watched the news come on yesterday."

"It's nothing." I shook my head.

He walked over, picking me up. He sat me on the counter and slid his phone away from me. As he leaned with his palms on the counter he stared up at me.

"Talk." He ordered.

"Your hair is a mess," I spoke as ordered.

He rolled his eyes. "Brat," he sighed. "Tell me what's bothering you." I went to look away and my eyes fell on his phone. "You've been eyeing this like a hawk." He swiped his phone from the counter and held it in front of me. "You're not the only one watching the other like a movie." He kept his phone with the screen facing me. "So, tell me what it is."

Instead of talking or breaking down, I pulled up the video I just watched. Kayn watched it and laughed, rolling his eyes furiously. He grabbed my phone and sent the video to K'Sante. He typed a message along with it.

Me: Have you ever seen this girl?

"While we wait for him to reply," Kayn said as he handed me his phone. "The passcode is 0625."

"That's the..." I started in a whisper.

"The night we met." He nodded, wiggling his phone at me.

I took it hesitantly. When the screen lit up I saw me on the pole as his lockscreen. When I typed in the passcode I saw me sleeping with Jim as his wallpaper. A notification popped down from Grub Dash saying our food was on the way. I sat there, petrified. First I looked through his photos. The only nudes I saw were post-sex pics he'd snapped when I wasn't looking.

When I went through his contacts the only other woman I found was Alune. The messages were mostly in a group chat. The only private ones were her asking about Aphelios or telling him about something involved with the band. At that point, I scoured his social media pages. Nothing, no nudes, no other women, no possible way that he could've been cheating. I turned off the screen and handed it back. He tossed it on the counter and checked to see if I had a message.

K'Sante: That girl got turned down by Kayn on more than one occasion. Cried every time. She probably hoped you'd see that and start having trust issues. Kayn's phone is full of selfies and random stuff. Nothing to worry about, hun.

I felt like a fool. "I'm sorry," I whispered dejectedly.

"Baby girl," he sighed, "don't apologize." His forehead rested against mine. "I've got a plan. It'll be tossing you into things, but I don't want there to be any uncertainty from anyone."