39

KDA had chosen a fancy bar for their venue. Heartsteel wasn't the only other band there. True damage had also shown up. Of course, there were approved press members. I'd been told that KDA parties were very exclusive since a crazed fan tried to feel up Ahri.

Though there was some mingling, Kayn had been correct, most people stayed in their groups. Most of the crown was drinking. Kayn had promised that he wouldn't even have one drink. Being supportive, I stuck with a ginger ale.

"Why are we here again?" Aiko muttered.

"Because we're with members of Heartsteel, or have you forgotten." I chuckled.

Yuri raised an eyebrow as she looked around. "How much do you think renting this place costs?" She asked.

"Too much," I answered, sipping my soda.

"Where's the bathroom?" Aiko asked me.

"Don't know." I shook my head. "I gotta piss like you wouldn't believe."

Ezreal got us pointed in the right direction and we followed his directions. As we walked passed KDA I felt eyes follow me. Without being obvious, I looked over to see Akali staring at me. Thinking nothing of it, I continued walking with the girls.

In the bathroom, we helped check each other's make-up and outfits. Yuri shivered as we got ready to walk out. Without a second thought, I slid off my jacket.

"What is that?" Aiko asked with a look of shock.

I looked down and remembered that my chest still hadn't been seen since the tattoo or the scarring. "Which one?" I asked, wincing.

"Both!" Aiko exclaimed.

"Nope," Yuri shook her head, "at this point, I'm not even surprised."

"Things got a bit crazy..." I explained uncomfortably.

Yuri took my jacket, still shaking her head. As we walked out I spotted Akali standing with Kayn. She smirked up at him as she listened to him. Her eyes snapped to me. She'd already walked away by the time I'd gotten to Kayn.

"Find the bathroom?" Kayn asked with a smirk.

"Yeah," I shivered slightly as a breeze blew through the bar's open doors, "got interrogated too."

He took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders. "What was the crime?" He chuckled.

"My chest," I answered simply. "Are you sure you don't need this?" He had to be at least a little chilly in his crop top.

"I'm fine, princess." His thumb brushed over my scar as he sighed. "Guess they haven't gotten a chance to see that yet."

A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. "It was a hell of a time." I laughed breathily.

"Kayn!" Sett called out, waving Kayn over to where he was with True Damage.

Kayn went to put an arm around me, but I stopped him. "It's ok, love," I assured him. "Go on. I'm gonna continue catching up with the girls."

"Ok," he kissed my cheek before walking away.

I'd turned around to chat with my friends, only to see Ezreal walking up with a nervous smile. "Can... Can I talk to you?" He asked softly.

"What's up?" I asked nonchalantly.

He carefully grabbed my wrist and led me out to the patio. After glancing around suspiciously, he took a deep breath. For some reason, he was acting like he'd been shot at.

"So, I know... I mean..." He took another deep breath. "Kayn and Akali have... history, right? So, I was minding my business. Doing my thing... um... I think she gave him a drink..."

"Ezreal," my brows furrowed in confusion, "I'm going to need you to get your thoughts together and give me the story straight. If you trying to say..."

"Akali and Kayn were in a sort of situation," he tried to keep an eye on the doors behind us. "It ended like three months before you two got together. They kept it super down low, so I'm not sure what in all happened. While you were in the bathroom she started flirting and gave him a drink. He didn't flirt back, but he's been drinking whatever she gave him and it might be alcohol. He also didn't tell her to stop flirting..." His words trailed off at the end.

Disbelief hit me first. My mind quickly tried to shrug it off. Ezreal looked so guilty. If not for my gut instincts, I would've comforted the poor guy. Dumping my drink in a nearby bush, I turned to go inside.

Approaching Kayn, I wrapped my arm around his. "Sweetheart," I got his attention softly.

"Yes?" He replied sweetly.

I held up my empty glass. "Can I have a sip?" I asked sweetly. "I don't want another glass, but I'm thirsty."

Kayn's eyes flickered in a way I had only seen when he was afraid. "You..." He started.

"Excuse us." I politely spoke to the others. Leading Kayn to the patio, I sat my glass on a table and held out my hand. "I just want a drink, Kayn."

He clutched the nearly empty glass a little tighter as he held it out to me. One smell gave me my answer, it was alcohol. My eyes squeezed shut while I tried to suppress my frustration.

"We're leaving early." I sighed as I grabbed my glass and started toward the bar.

"Mika," he tried to protest.

Turning my head, I eyed him. "Party is almost over anyway." I stopped him.

After returning the glasses to the bar and saying goodbyes we got in the car. The ride home was tense and silent. I tried to keep my cool, but I felt nothing but frustration welled up in me. Kayn was blank. I couldn't get a read on what he was feeling.

After a shower, we got into bed. Instead of raising a fuss, I decided to just let the whole thing go. Leaving early was likely already bad enough for Kayn. He held me while we laid there, but neither of us fell asleep for a while. My agitation slowly turned to a sour pit in my stomach. All I could do was hope for sleep.