Chapter 26

Third Person (POV)-

Rahul had approached his friend who was seated in the same spot he was left in.

" I found out who is behind this," he muttered but Danish didn't even spare him a look , he was staring at the floor.

" It's her ,isn't it?" Rahul was surprised as to how his guess was so accurate. Rahul just remained silent which made Danish turn towards him.

" I'm going to make Alisha face hell , let her brother try saving her this time ," he sternly stated.

Rahul nodded looking around for aunt and Sam but they were nowhere in sight.

" I sent them home, she is out of danger" Danish replied his unasked question.

Sighing Rahul took a seat next to him relieved,  staring at Danish who looked exhausted and distant.

" You were right when you said that I care about her the most ," Danish said calmly ,wishing his wife would wake up soon.

" I can't see her in this condition , it makes me feel helpless and I don't want to ever feel like this , I can't let her ruin my peace so easily," he mumbled and Rahul gave him a known look.

" So you want to say that she's your weakness?"

Danish sighed running his hand through his hair ," Almost," he replied squeezing his eyes shut in guilt.

This was exactly what he wanted to avoid since the very beginning.

The reason he got the contract signed, always told Kashvi that she was a mere responsibility and killing hopes for both of them to have a future together.

But he was also well aware of the relationship growth they had within the past month, they were close to each other than before.

The facade Danish had built for himself already began fading.

He knew it the moment he started teasing her just to see her scrunched up nose , the way he would keep twisting and tossing around in bed until it was her in his arms when he  slept , or the way she mourned over a red saree and he went all by himself to get a beautiful saree for her to light up her mood.

Not to forget, his lack of self control which had changed the dynamics of their relationship completely when he had kissed her.

Concluding, the current situation had been quite frustrating for him because a sorted person like him was in confusion as to what he was supposed to do with the ongoing alterations.

He didn't want his past to repeat itself.

Rahul rolled his eyes at the typical Danish he knew.

" You are stupid D,"

Danish glared at his bestfriend who just gave him a sarcastic smile in return.

" What else you want to hear? If you don't like this feeling of helplessness or weakness whatever you say, you never let the situation occur ever again. You protect her with all your will," Rahul said and Danish nodded.

" I intend to do that,"

Rahul shook his head at his bestfriend who was the most intelligent human being existing acting as the most dumbest.

" You don't understand. Kashvi is most important person in your life , she is your wife , your partner , and marriage is a life long commitment Danish. You can't run away from her or keep fighting your inner battles at some point you'll have to move on ,it's been eight years Danish,freaking eight years,"

Rahul mumbled aware of his friend's resistance towards his relationship and the reason behind it.

" What if she leaves me ?" Danish voiced out his biggest fears.