3.1

You look like an angel (look like an angel)

。.✦ ☾

Seo tapped his foot nervously as he waited for Sloan to get back, he peered over the side of the headrest, watching as his father spoke with someone in front of the car. Sloan kept a serious expression even as he grew frustrated.

"Are you scared?" Felicia asks

Seo turns to her, she sits near the exit of the limo, tapping away at her iPad, not once looking up. "Why would I be scared?" Seo asks

Felicia finally looks up, glancing towards her boss before looking back at the young teen. "When it comes to your dad, things are fast, scary. People dislike him because he's rich, handsome, and powerful. Now he has you, they'll use you to get to him." Felicia says

Seo looks back towards his father, noticing his agitated stance. Seo recognizes the man to be Mr. Smythe from the party, the scientist who wanted to work with his father.

"Well you don't have to worry about me, he doesn't have to worry about me." Seo says

Felicia smiles, "You are your father's son." Felicia says

....

The black limo slows to a stop in front of a large building, Sloan's apartment.

Sloan turned to his son. "Before we go in, I have to talk to my brother first. He doesn't know I have you, he doesn't know I had a family. It'll be an adjustment." Sloan says

Seo nods, looking up when he feels a hand on his shoulder, "Come on kid, let's get you some hot cocoa." Felicia says, reaching over to open the door. There was a diner that served hot chocolate late at night.

....

Sloan enters the penthouse, hearing laughter emit from the dining room. With a sigh he throws his coat onto one of the white couches, removing his watch and loosening his collar.

In the dining room, familiar faces occupied the space.

"Sloan!"Steve greets with a wide grin, standing from the table. "When did you get back? Sorry about the mess, we were just having dinner." Steve says, gesturing to the other Avengers. Natasha offers him a flirty wave. Clint does the same, earning a playful smack from Nat.

Sloan hums to himself, he wanted to speak with his brother alone.

Tony eyes him. "I got back a few hours ago. Had to tie a few loose ends before I got back. Can I speak to you for a minute, alone?" Sloan asks, nodding to Thor who enters the room. "Uh, sure." Steve says, lowering his beer.

....

Steve enters Sloan's office, taking a seat on one of the leather chairs while waiting for his brother to speak. "How was the wedding?" Steve asks, his fingers rolling the leather of the couch. "It was great....beautiful. Dubai was great........ Steve, as you know I have been keeping a few things from you. I know you had your suspicions and for good reason." Sloan says

Steve leans forward, worried. "Are you in trouble Sloan?" Steve asks

Sloan sighs, taking a seat at his desk, leaning forward, sleeves rolled. "no...... while back, I met this woman. She was beautiful, smart, eccentric. I have never met anyone like her. After losing you and Bucky, she was all I had, she helped me start Adam's Industries and holds 35% of the shares. But with all her brains, she decided to settle down and marry this guy. A man I instantly hated, everything in me screamed that he was bad news. I was right. He got her pregnant, had her isolated, abused her." Sloan pauses, fingers mindlessly rolling a pen along his desk, not yet meeting Steve's gaze.