0.3

Shall I stay?。

Shall I stay?

。.✦ ☾

With glasses perched over his perfectly arched nose, Sloan makes his way into a small and intimate cafe, peering over the rim of his lenses before sitting across an unsuspecting consumer.

Sloan places a hand on the round table, waiting for said person to notice him.

"For a super soldier, your senses are shit." Sloan states dully, watching as the newspaper is quickly lowered and his dark eyes meet complete opposite bright blue ones. "Sloan."

The whisper of a name was small and breathless, the blonde super soldier stands and he rounds the table, grabbing his brother and forcing him up and into his arms.

Sloan stands stiffly in his arms feeling the soldiers breath down his neck. "Your alive, after all these years and your here." Steve says, pulling away to meet his twin brothers gaze.

"So are you it seems." Sloan says, stepping away. Steve noticed almost immediately the distance between them. The soldier wasn't naive, he knew that things would be different.

"Uh sit, I'll order you something." Steve says, before Sloan can say anything, he's shoved into his chair and Steve practically sprints away.

Sloan sighs and he looks down at the table and his gaze falls on the newspaper he was reading, he silently reaches for it and he reads the headline.

Sloan industries, he sighs and flicks the paper away from him, he lifts his gaze and he meets his brothers, who was holding a cup of coffee, sweet and dunked into sugar, how he liked it.

Sloan scoffs under his breath, his good and sweet brother.

....

Sloan idly stirred his diabetes inducing coffee as his brother stared at him. "So how have you been?" Steve asks

"Steve." Sloan breaths, pushing his coffee away. "I am not here for idle chit chat or to drink coffee. Fury spoke to me and I need you to pass along a message. I know he's keeping a close eye on you." Sloan says

Steve looked defeated and he nodded. Like I said he wasn't naive. "Loki paid me visit last night." This caught Steve's attention. "He wanted me to join him, I said no. Some thing's can't be bought by money. Tell Fury that I will help just on this, nothing more. I don't want to be a shield lackey." Sloan says

Steve in a way was hopeful, that meant he got to see his brother more without looking desperate for his attention. "That's great to hear, I'll pass it along." Steve says, trying to play it cool, his adams apple bobbing up and down.

Sloan hums, "thanks bro." Sloan says, he stands from his chair and he stares down at the blond, still wearing his glasses. "We should have lunch some time, catch up." Sloan says, despite appearances a small part of him missed his brother.

Steve significantly brightens up, but he tries to play it cool. "Uh yeah sure." He coughs

Sloan hums, dropping his card onto the table. "My number is on the card, Roberta takes my calls, she knows my schedule better then I do." Sloan says, dusting off his jacket, straightening up his collar before walking away without a word.

....

1942

A year before Sloan and Bucky's draft.

Bucky stands besides Sloan as he laughs with a fellow colleague, his eyes crinkling up with laughter. Bucky admired him quietly before looking over to Steve who was chatting with a pretty brunette, humming in amusement. Steve hadn't had a nose bleed or stutter in awhile, he was proud of his pal.

Bucky turns back to Sloan and he places a hand on the small of his back, leaning forward to whisper something to his ear. "I'm going to head to the gentlemen's room, I'll be back." He breaths, he was tempted to plant a kiss on his flushed ear but it wouldn't do them any good.

Sloan watches him leave before turning to the blonde he was speaking to. "He's yummy, how long have you known him?" Roberta asks, looking up to meet Sloans gaze.

Sloan chuckles. "Since we were kids, he's a great pal of mine, Steve actually was the one to introduce us." Sloan says

"What exactly does he do for a living?" Roberta asks "he comes from money, he's working with his father." Sloan says "well you have to lock that down then." Roberta says

Sloan chokes on his spite. "What." He breaths

Roberta smirks amused . "Honey I can smell the queer on you two. The way that boy looks at you is not exactly subtle."

Sloan can feel his heart at his throat, threatening to fly out and land in her well manicured palm. "But don't worry darling, we all have our secrets." Roberta says softly, offering a small wink.

Sloan laughs breathlessly, nodding. "I'm going to get a breath of fresh air." Sloan says

Almost as in a daze, he steps out of the gym room of the small elementary, breathing in harshly the crisp air. His face completely white.

"Hey what's going on." A soft voice breaths, Sloan turns to meet Bucky's worried gaze.

"Buck." Sloan whispers

"Hey don't do that, you know I hate it when you use my name all serious." Bucky says softly, his heart jumping in his chest. "People are catching on, they see the way you treat me and the way you look at me. They know about us." Sloan says, his heart was beating out of his chest.

"Sloan." Bucky breaths softly, he wasn't scared about them, never has been, but he knew Sloan was. "Let's go home, we can discuss this there, where I can actually comfort you." Bucky says, he wanted to reach over but he didn't know how Sloan would react.

Sloan nods, hugging himself.