2.15

Well, don't you know I'm caught in a trap? I can't walk out

。.✦ ☾

Europe/1943

Bucky sat alone at his bunk, knees pulled up close to his chest, writing silently. His once neat hair was buzzed off to meet the army's standard. His eyes were half closed, exhausted from training, but he kept himself awake.

"Who are you writing to, a girl?" A deep voice asks

Bucky looks up, and dark blue eyes stare back at him. Bucky recognized the man, Victor Creed. He was vicious, mean, and dangerous. If it wasn't for his attitude problem he would've been one of the lead officers. The man was put in the hole way too many times to even be considered.

"I am." Bucky answers because unlike him, Bucky was friendly with everybody. "I have a girl too, a mighty pretty one." Victor states, his buzzed head resting against the wall, humming to himself.

"Planning on marrying this girl?" Bucky asks

"I just might, but then again if I make it through this war, I become one of those veteran heroes that women just love, and ain't that the dream. Imagine all those honeys." Victor states with a drawl. He is Canadian but sometimes he likes to pretend he was Southern. Bucky found it weird but no one wanted to call him out on it.

"What about you Brooklyn? Does your girl have a pert ass too?" Victor asks, only to trail off in a laugh. War made people crazy so Bucky didn't blame him for losing his mind a little.

Bucky smiles fondly, he does. "She does, but I plan on staying loyal after the war even if I do become a veteran hero as you said." Bucky states

Bucky leans his head back. I'm going to marry him, laws be damn.

....

2014/D.C.

Sloan stood beside his brother on the bridge when Sam joins them.

"He's gonna be there, you know?" Sam asks, standing between the two brothers. Sloan stared at the weapon in his hands, his fingers tightening around the barrel.

"I know." Steve says, looking up to stare at the side of his brother's face. Bucky wasn't just his best friend.

"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam says

"I don't know if I can do that." Steve says "Well, he might not give us a choice." Sloan states, looking up to meet Steve's gaze. He was resigned to what he had to do, Bucky wouldn't want to be this person. "He doesn't know you or Sloan." Sam says, agreeing with Sloan.

"He will. Gear up, it's time." Steve says, ignoring both their advice.

Steve turns and starts to walk off.

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asks "No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." Steve says

....

Later as a guard walks into the Smithsonian Museum when he looks over to the Captain America exhibit he notices the Captain America WWII uniform that was on the dummy has been stolen.

"Oh, man. I am so fired!" Smithsonian guard says

....

At the Triskelion where the Helicarriers are being held.

"We are in the final launch sequence." Man on PA says

"We are going on guidance." Shield tech says

"All personnel to launch station." A woman on PA says