25

I FEEL SO MUCH LIGHTER LIKE A FEATHER WITH YOU OFF MY MIND
FLOATIN' THROUGH THE MEMORIES LIKE WHATEVER, YOU'RE A WASTE OF TIME

(Feather - Sabrina Carpenter)

or

I'M HEADED STRAIGHT FOR THE FLOOR
THE ALCOHOL SERVED IT'S TOUR

(Mr. Loverman - Ricky Montgomery)

"Your house is so big, maybe not as big as Kathy's but-" I playfully slapped her arm "I love the interior, it's amazing." I finished speaking looking around as Pichon thanked me.

"Does Annick know about the party?" He asked and I smiled as Simone shrugged "I don't know, maybe?"

'Surfin U.S.A' Started playing and before we even knew it Pichon was on the dancefloor dancing his heart out with another girl.

I looked at Simone in shock "I did not know he could dance." She returned the gesture "That makes two of us, Kathy."

Simone went off somewhere else as I joined Felbec, Pichon, and Applebaum, one of the few guys who managed to be tolerable in a room full of hormonal boys.

Pichon approached us, a hint of disappointment in his eyes after failing to persuade Annick who had just gotten in to dance with him. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for the poor guy, it was evident he was smitten.

"Better luck next time," I offered a supportive gesture, rubbing my hand along his arm. In return, he handed me a drink.

For tonight, I decided to set aside some of my morals, taking a sip.

"So, are you guys not hitting the dance floor?" I inquired, turning to Daniel and Didier. They both chuckled, with Didier playfully mimicking a leg injury. "Nope, can't dance. My leg's acting up."

I chuckled, lightly nudging Didier's arm as our laughter echoed in the lively atmosphere of the party.

Jean-Pierre rushed up to me placing his hand on my arm "Have you seen Simone?" He urged and I shook my head "I don't think so, I think she's off somewhere there in the hall."

"Thank you." He rushed away "What was that about?" Pichon asked and I looked at him "Simone and Jean-Pierre broke up, but I think he's regretting that choice.."

"They actually broke up? I thought it was a rumor. Speaking of rumors.. what's going on between you and Descamps?" Pichon asked, and I furrowed my brows.

"Nothing, why do you ask?" I tried to sound nonchalant, though my attempt seemed to fall short. My eyes unconsciously scanned the crowd, finding Descamps in the midst of it.

However, he appeared occupied, very occupied, with Pichon's sister, Heloise.

A wave of jealousy washed over me, and I inhaled deeply. If he wanted to play that game, so be it.

"Katherine?" I turned back to Daniel "Huh? I'm sorry, what did you say?" I replied "Someone spotted you two in an alley so.."

I laughed at him "No, I'd never go out with someone like Descamps, he's rude, a fucking dick and-"

They waited, prompting me to answer as I took another sip.

"And nothing. He's just insufferably irritating, and every encounter feels like a constant reminder of how much I can't stand him." I spat and they looked at me for a few seconds.