ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔢𝔫

This land is decaying. The government is being corrupted. The kingdom of Rohan is being torn from the inside. I grip my necklace. I can feel the star's light on me. I look around. Fear is shown through everyone's face. 

"Lovely crowd." Gimli mutters.

"Everyone's afraid." I say.

"Aragorn, we must be on guard." Legolas says.

I nod. There is darkness at work here. Shadows that are twisting through everything. I went to war with King Fargen. He was nearly a proud warrior. Too ambitious, however. I've only seen Theoden once, when he was a mere boy. He probably doesn't remember me at all. 

We arrive at the palace of Rohan. We mound off our horses. I land to the ground. All guards approach us. 

"I cannot let you in so heavily armed. By order of Grimmel Wormtongue." A guard says.

I nod. We remove our gear. I take out my sword and my knife. He's being cautious. So... the darkness corrupts the guards so much. I remove my knife from my boot. Gimli takes out his axe. We walk in. Gandalf was lucky enough to keep his staff. I know what he's going to do. 

"You have guests my lord." Grimmel Wormtongue says. 

"You're not welcome." Theoden mutters.

Even the dark spell of Saruman is affecting his age. He looks even older than me. I'm not as old as I look for my true age. His body was decaying as his mind was withering. Grimmel walks forward.

"You were never welcome here." Grimmel hisses.

"Shut your mouth, let not the fork tongue out." Gandalf points his staff. 

"I told you to take his staff!" Grimmel yells. 

The guards walk forward. I grab one and slam my fist into his head. Gimli and Legolas punch and kick more men. I look at Gandalf.  

"Theoden King of Rohan! Too long have you sat in the shadows!" Gandalf yells.

He raises his staff and closes his eyes. 

"I will draw you out Saruman." Gandalf says.