ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶

"They've come." I say.

"Nazgul!" A guard yells.

They're here. They've come for me. They know the ring is here.  I hear screaming more of so my mind. I can feel the ring. It's getting heavy. I fear it'll break my neck. I can't fight this anymore. This ring... I can't hold back the flood. The Nazgul crashes into the pillars we were under. 

I shakily stand up. I'm tired. I'm so tired. I hear the ring's voice telling me to give in. How long can I fight this? How long can I survive as the ring chokes me? I'm just a Hobbit. I'm just one tiny creature holding the ring. I can't fight.

I walk up the stairs. Just once, I want to rest. I want to give up. I know what I must do. Why do I keep fighting this? Why do I keep losing it? Why can't I just let go? The voices in my head scream to me. 

"Mr. Frodo!" 

I rise up to the Nazgul. One movement and all the pain would go away. If I surrender... will it set be free. I hold up the ring. Voices meld with each other. Just want to rest. Something grabs me. I turn in surprise and take out my sword. 

"Hey! It's me Mr. Frodo. It's Sam. Don't you recognize your Sam?" Sam asks.

I drop the sword. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I say.

"I know Mr. Frodo. It's all wrong. We shouldn't even be here, but... I think I understand it Mr. Frodo." Sam stood up.

I look up at him.

(Original quote, I couldn't change it since it broke me :( )

"It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go on when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine like that clearer. I know how folk in their stories had lots of chances of turning back, but they didn't. They kept holding onto something. That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo and that it's worth fighting for." Sam says.