ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔒𝔫𝔢

"Who gave you that?" Eowyn asks me.

I look at her.

"The woman who gave you that necklace?" She asks.

"She is sailing of with her people." I say.

It's what's best for her. I cannot stop her father's will. I would want her not to waste her life on me. This world is dying. Sauron and Saruman will destroy everything if the ring is not destroyed. She deserves a much better world than this one. I remember first looking at her. 

I thought she was a goddess. I thought she was an illusion at first. I thought she was a dream. A beautiful dream. I want to go to bed every night and see her face. I remember trying to leave. At first, I thought I would have to break her heart. Something I never wanted to do. 

<0> <0> <0>

"Are cin planning na slip awaui in i dú ú- pent goodbye?" Awren asks me.

(Are you planning on slipping away in the night without saying goodbye?)

"I have to go, and I won't be coming back." I say turning. 

"You doubt your skills, you will come back." She smiles.

"I won't." I turn.

She grabs my arm. I look at her. 

"What are you saying?" She asks.

"You cannot stay here. You have the chance for a new life. A new hope. Why waist it all for a dying world?" I ask.

She draws back. Oh gods, help me.

"You should probably have this back." I say giving the necklace to her.

"I gave it as a gift." She smiles.

She bends my fingers over it. 

"Keep it." She smiles.