A Piece Of Cake Part 1

Jiang Cheng paces in the front room, checking his watch every five seconds. Jiang YanLi watches him, watching his watch, with a smile on her face and feeling perfectly relaxed.

She knows there's no point in telling her baby brother to relax; he simply doesn't function that way.

They're waiting for Wei Ying to join them, because this morning, they are to meet a potentially huge client, who (if they're successful in pitching themselves) want Lotus Pier Events to plan their weddings.

Both of them. Two weddings, one civil, one traditional Chinese ceremony.

If they get this contract, it will propel their little company into the big leagues, and pave the way to expanding their business exponentially. The publicity alone will score them points in terms of future clientele.

"Where the fuck is he?" Jiang Cheng snarls, at the floor because there's no way he would direct anything negative to his sister.

The door bursts open as if a demon has been summoned, and Wei Ying bounces in as exuberant as ever, smiling like the gremlin he is, and nonchalant like the devil himself.

"ChengCheng! Did you miss me?" He throws himself into Jiang Cheng's arms with the surety of one who knows they will be caught firmly.

Jiang Cheng gives the best hugs, and it's no exception even if he's pissed.

"You were supposed to be here ten minutes ago!" He snipes without heat, because now the three of them are here, everything will be okay.

He's the best at organising, arranging and ensuring everything goes to plan, that no details are overlooked, but it's a different thing altogether when his siblings have his back. They've grown up together and built this business up from scratch, saving every penny to throw their first event five years ago, and none of them have looked back since.

It all started when the boys found Jiang YanLi's wedding book.

She was twelve, going on twenty, and had everything planned out, from the exact day, what she would wear, her flower arrangements, the cake, and the venue. There were extensive notes, pictures, and lists. The whole day planned out from start to finish, and Jiang YanLi was thorough.

Her brothers, both aged nine with only five days apart, were fascinated.

They had no idea how much work was involved in planning a wedding, and they began to toss out ideas. Wei Ying thought the pictures that his sister had included in her book were nice (his face suggested otherwise), but that he thought he could do way better. He said he wanted to take interesting pictures rather than the standard poses of what people seemed to want; wouldn't it be better to do it from this angle, or use a drone for some sick overhead shots?

He also tossed out ideas for composition although at the time, he had no clue that's what he was thinking about.

Jiang Cheng admired the book. He thought it was well put together and he appreciated the amount of time given to each semi-event within the whole, but he was concerned about the time management between certain things, (for example, if the bride's entrance song started at midday, she was gonna have to break the world record for sprinting a mile if she wanted to get to the altar for her time slot). He was giggling about it, though.

That's how Jiang YanLi found them. Discussing rocket-propelled high heels or an ice paved aisle where the bride wore skates.

They were sprawled on the floor at an angle with her precious book open on the page listing "things to avoid", between them, making plans and tossing ideas out there.

At first, she was upset because all of her secret hopes and dreams were in that book, a private space for her, and her alone, to create a magical world. One where joy lasted forever and happy endings were permanent.