A Piece Of Cake Part 7

Making a cake for two thousand people is no joke, and the industrial ovens in YanLi's kitchens have been baking around the clock. She needs sixty flat cakes plus an additional twelve for the main structure of the cake, and then XiChen ordered two thousand cupcakes each individually boxed as wedding favours to be handed out to everyone when they leave.

In addition to the cakes for the main body of the huge castle it's going to be, they will need more cake for grounds, trees, flora and fauna and all of that. It's not the actual baking of the cake that takes time, it's the decorating.

The cake itself will stand at one and a half metres high, and the base will be one metre squared. When it's finished, it will be a gothic castle with four turrets and many, many windows. She's been working on it for the past three days, long hours daily, sculpting the roofs, while her staff made pieces of the garden and the multitude of sugar flowers, each individually hand painted.

The entire structure needed to be spray painted with edible paints and glitter, plus YanLi has created a special surprise when the grooms actually make the first cut. Everything about this cake is edible except for the tiny lights she will have inside it.

Mo XuanYu has been filming the whole process, and when it's finished, they have plans on making a double speed video with the cake cutting at the end, to showcase their skills on all of their platforms.

So YanLi needs space, she needs time, and she needs an endless supply of sugar and chocolate to create this masterpiece.

She also needs patience because what she doesn't need is a new boyfriend breathing down her neck wanting to help her, especially when he's already admitted that his expertise in the kitchen is limited to making a sandwich. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, at that.

Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng pop into the kitchens on the day of the reception to find YanLi manhandling the Peacock to one side, trying to make him stand out of the way.

"I don't think he's getting the message," Wei Ying nudges Jiang Cheng, pointing with his chin at the scene in front of them.

The kitchens are a very busy place with cupcakes being churned out faster than a factory, plus there's a four course meal being prepared for the same amount of guests, and around thirty staff members busily shouting out questions and answers.

Salads are being tossed, pans are sizzling, steam rising from the many huge metal vats boiling, and a delicious aroma of mixed cooking coating the air.

The Peacock is quite out of place and getting in the way of every single person there, and YanLi is about to lose her shit.

Before Wei Ying can stop him, Jiang Cheng marches forward.

"Hey, Jin ZiXuan, wanna give us a hand? We're decorating the marquee and it's all hands on deck." He stands facing the Peacock with his arms crossed over his chest.

The Peacock looks like he's going to protest. YanLi throws them a grateful look.

Wei Ying facepalms, and then only because he feels sorry for his sister, does he intervene.

"It's a manly job and I'll take pictures so you can show A-Jie later."

That tactic works, and soon, they're hauling a reluctant extra pair of hands through the Crystal Room and out the back to the connecting marquee.

The evening's event will start at six o'clock sharp with a lavish dinner, followed by the cake cutting and dessert buffet, and there's to be a dance auction. The guests have to nominate a person whose name goes into a decorated bucket and if their name is called, they have to go up onto the temporary stage and be bid on for a dance.