Tied To The Ocean Part 8

Lan Zhan messages the group chat and closes his phone. It's done, and Wei Ying will see the conversation when he wakes up.

In the meantime, there's a piece of jewellery he needs to finish making.

The last time they visited Wings, Lan Zhan made a parcel of what he found interesting and hid it in their grocery bag so Wei Ying wouldn't find it. And when XiChen was coming over, he asked his brother to bring their mother's wedding ring with him, so Lan Zhan could see if it would work.

There's been an idea floating around in Lan Zhan's mind for a while now. It came to him in the middle of Papapa, when they were in the sea and he was entirely consumed by the way Wei Ying clung to him, joined wherever they could touch, but his gaze kept drifting to their hands clasped together ever so tightly. The way the webbing was flexible between their fingers as to allow their hands to grip tighter, and he wondered in that flash of a second what Wei Ying's hand would look like if it was adorned with a hand piece.

The central wedding ring would be the catalyst holding everything together, a swirling pattern of silver and blue beads with a central design made up of black and red crystals flowing out to form the end, a bracelet to wrap around his slim wrist. And then, Lan Zhan had found a tiny little tadpole charm that he thought would look adorable hanging off the bracelet chain.

It seemed fitting to add that piece, since Lan Zhan had thought of marrying Wei Ying in the waters, and straight after that, their Little Radish was conceived.

Lan Zhan wants this to be a surprise for Wei Ying, so he always works on it when Wei Ying is asleep, and that's worked out so well, so far. Wei Ying has been going to sleep earlier and earlier as his body tries to keep up the nourishment of not only himself, but of their child as well, and so he rises later, and has an extra nap midafternoon too.

This gives Lan Zhan ample opportunity to finish the jewellery by Tuesday night.

He has been watching YouTube tutorials on jewellery making, religiously studying the craft to develop new skills, and he hopes Wei Ying will like the finished item.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, when they'll be driving into Suzhou and meeting his brother and his Uncle at the courthouse.

Tomorrow, Lan Zhan is going to marry Wei Ying.

************

XiChen has sent them suits to get married in. He'd asked for their measurements on Sunday night after reaching home, and then put in an urgent order with their bespoke tailors who were on retainership with the Lan family, who always needed new suits to satisfy their business requirements.

On Wednesday morning, Lan Zhan gets a text that the driver is waiting outside with a delivery.

He's already showered and ready to get dressed, and now he's waiting for Wei Ying to wake. Breakfast is also cooked and waiting to be consumed.

Luckily, Wei Ying hasn't suffered from any bouts of morning sickness yet, and Lan Zhan hopes it continues to stay that way.

**********

Wei Ying looks so happy staring back at him in the mirror. It turns out that Lan Zhan needed to shower again because Wei Ying had shamelessly said he needed him, and Lan Zhan knows he is not programmed to say no to his husband. But the upside is now they're both happy and relaxed.

When he sees the suits laid out on their bed, Wei Ying squeals with excitement and drops the towel around his waist, and Lan Zhan is a weak, weak man, but he reasons with himself that today, he's allowed.

Today, it's his wedding day.

So he's shocked when Wei Ying pulls away from another heated kiss and dances around to the other side of the bed and waggles a finger at him sternly.