Tied To The Ocean Part 6

Lan Zhan is very careful this time when they return to their human forms. He sweeps Wei Ying up into his arms and carries him onto the shore. He dresses first and helps Wei Ying cover up, hoisting the protesting husband (*secret thrill!!) Into his arms again.

"I can walk, Lan Zhan!"

"Mn. Not if I am around." This time, Lan Zhan takes him to his mother's cottage.

"Hungry?" He smiles down at Wei Ying before carrying him over the threshold like the priceless person he is.

Wei Ying's nose scrunches up most delightfully as he thinks about it. "Actually, yes, please. It feels like we ate so long ago. I don't know why I'm so hungry!"

"We burned off substantial energy," Lan Zhan replies with a straight face, smirking when Wei Ying squawks outraged but laughing. "Shameless, Lan Er-Gege!"

Lan Zhan takes them both to the shower first to clean the salt from their swimming in the sea, and then he deposits Wei Ying on a stool at the breakfast bar in the kitchen.

"Keep me company while I cook?" Lan Zhan asks him, and after he nods, sets about retrieving ingredients from the fridge.

He selects cabbage, carrots, and peas and a few other ingredients, washes, and cooks the rice while he chops. It's only in the middle of his task thinking about what Wei Ying would prefer to eat, and thinking he must stock up on meat for him, for protein now that he'll be eating for two, that Lan Zhan realises Wei Ying is too quiet.

In fact, he hasn't spoken since round two in the shower. He looks over to where his husband (*more secret thrills!!!) is seated, playing with the salt and pepper shakers as if they were little people. He seems distracted, lost in thought.

Lan Zhan goes over to him and covers one of his hands, sighing internally at how nice this feels, and thinking about getting him a ring, because this Wei Ying is taken, and Lan Zhan doesn't want anyone so much as thinking about dating him.

Wei Ying's face transforms into a beautiful smile as he leans up against the counter to kiss him. Languid and gentle, it passes on a message of contentment and satisfaction, and a deep, deep joy.

"What is Wei Ying thinking about?" Lan Zhan asks him, cradling his face.

Wei Ying leans into his touch like a cat finding sunbeams, and continues to smile though it is a little dimmer.

"Well, I was wondering about my parents. I was thinking that, although we no longer have A-Yi, we still found your grandfather...and I was hoping that I could be that lucky. But the reality is, the sea is so long and large and wide. They could be anywhere."

"Mn. But grandfather is resourceful. I am sure he will do everything he can for us." Lan Zhan wants to reassure him, but at the same time, he won't ever lie to Wei Ying; the chances of the Wei family being found are slim...but not impossible. "We just have to be patient." He leans in and kisses Wei Ying's forehead.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right," Wei Ying sighs in spite of himself. "It's just that, if we do find them, I'd like them to be here for when-" his hands flutter around his stomach, not quite touching it. "Well, it would be nice, that's all."

Lan Zhan comes around to his side and crouches down, holding onto Wei Ying's hips firmly. Lifting Wei Ying's t-shirt up, he addresses Wei Ying's stomach seriously, looking there with an infinite amount of love.

"Listen, Little One. You are loved. Please grow strong and well, and be happy. We are looking forward to meeting you." He brings his mouth to the bare soft skin, warm from their shower, and kisses it gently, smiling when the muscles move by themselves in anticipation of more. He looks up at Wei Ying, his silver eyes shining like wet diamonds as he brushes his tears away. "Until then, we will be enough for..." he looks around and sees one of the vegetables on the counter, "Our Little Radish."