Chapter 5

A M Y

"Why aren't they done yet?" Niall asked as he was walking back and forth in the hallway. "Did something go wrong while putting on the cast?" 

"Niall, relax. She's fine," I assured him. "Maybe they just wanted to run some extra checks on her arm," 

"I'm just worried, okay?" He said. "My little girl broke her arm, and I just hope she's gonna be all right," 

"She will be," I said. "She will just need to use her cast for maybe two or three months, and then her arm will be just as it was before," 

"You're right," He sighed and sat down next to me. "I'm just overreacting, I guess," He said just as the door across the hall opened and Darcy and the doctor walked out in the hall.

"Mummy, daddy, look! I got a pink cast!" She exclaimed as she ran over to us and showed us her cast. 

"That's great, angel," I said and smiled at her. Then, the doctor walked over to us. 

"The good news are that she didn't need to have a surgery on her arm, but she will be needing to wear the cast for a good 3 and a half months," He said. "Just make sure she makes sure to be careful with her arm when she's wearing the cast and she'll be fine," 

"Okay, thank you," Niall said. "Should we get going, then?" Niall asked me and I nodded. "Come on, Darcy," He said and grabbed Darcy's hand that wasn't broken. 

"Bye!" Darcy said and waved at the doctor, and he waved back as we began walking. We headed out of the building, only to see hundreds of Niall's fans waiting outside, being held back by his security guards. 

"What are they doing here?" I asked Niall, but she shrugged. 

"I don't know," He replied. "Maybe the photos the paps took of us came out, and the fans figured out we'd be here," 

"Maybe," I said.

"Just keep your head down and don't answer any questions, especially not about Darcy's cast," He told me, and I nodded. "Darcy, that means you too. Don't answer any of these girls questions," 

"Okay," She replied. As we were walking towards the car, tons of questions about Darcy's cast were asked, but I did as Niall said and just ignored them. 

"Listen guys, just go to the car and I'll stay here and take a few pictures with the fans. I don't want to disappoint them with just leaving," Niall said. 

"Can I come too?" Darcy asked him, but he shook his head. 

"No, you have to go with mummy," He replied to her. 

"But I wanna meet them too!" She said, loudly. 

"Okay, you can come, but don't wander off, okay?" He said strictly, and she nodded.

"I'll just go the car. The screams are giving me a head ache," I told Niall, and he nodded. 

"We'll be back soon," He said and kissed my cheek before walking over to the fans with Darcy.

N I A L L

"Niall, can I have a picture with you?" A girl asked me as I walked over to the fans. 

"Of course," I replied and headed over to her. 

"Can she be in it too?" She asked and pointed at Darcy. 

"Sure," I said and picked up Darcy. We smiled for the picture before moving on to the next girl, and we did the same with about 7 other girls. 

"Daddy, my arm's itchy," Darcy said, trying to get her hand inside the cast to scratch her arm. "Can you help me?" 

"I'm sorry, but I can't. You just need to bear with it, okay?" I replied. "I know it's uncomfortable, but the same thing happened to your cousin, you know," I told her as we began walking away from the girls, causing the screams to get louder, probably because they wanted me to come back.

"Did Theo break his arm, too?" She asked, and I nodded.

"But he's all right now," I said. "And in just three months, you'll get your cast off too and your arm will be better than ever,"

"Will it?" She asked and smiled. 

"Yes, it will," I replied as we approached the car. I buckled Darcy in and closed the car door and got myself into the car. 

"I think I'm gonna take a nap when we get home," Amy said as I started the car. "My head hurts like hell," 

"Do you want me to make dinner today, so you can rest?" I asked her, and she nodded. "What should I make?" 

"You decide," She replied.

"Daddy, can we make a pizza?" Darcy asked. 

"Sure, if it's okay for your mummy," I replied and glanced over at her, but she just nodded and leaned her head against the window. Even though she couldn't see me, I shot her a weak smile. I didn't like seeing her in pain, even if it was just a head ache.

I pulled up the driveway to our house and parked the car before stepping out of it. I unbuckled Darcy from her seat and carried her inside. Amy was already inside, and as I walked inside, I could see her heading upstairs.

"What's wrong with mummy?" Darcy asked as I sat her down. "Is she sad?" 

"She's just got a head ache," I replied and she nodded. "So, should we start making that pizza?" I asked her. 

"Yes!"

***********

"Hey, Darcy, let me get a picture of you with your cast on," I told her as we were waiting for the pizza to be done. I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of her while she held out her hand, smiling and showing off her pink cast. I uploaded the picture to instagram and twitter with the answer of what most people probably wanted to know; how she broke her arm.

'Broke her arm while playing at the park, but still in the best mood ever ! cutest little girl'  I captioned the picture, and my phone instantly started blowing up with notifications from both instagram and twitter.

"I'll just go check on mummy, okay? Stay here and shout if the clock starts beeping," I told Darcy and she nodded as I headed upstairs. 

I walked into Amy and I's bedroom to see her lying on our bed, probably asleep. I headed over to the bed and sat down on the edge, right next to her. 

Careful not to wake her up, I placed a kiss on the top of her head before walking out of the room again. 

"She's still asleep," I told Darcy as I headed back into the kitchen to see her tapping on my phone. "What are you doing?" I asked and walked over to her.

"Trying to get into your phone," She said and lied it down on the table. "I wanna look in your camera roll," 

"Okay, I'll unlock it for you," I said and picked the phone up. I pressed the home button and I smiled at my lock screen, a picture of Amy and Darcy sitting on the couch, watching Frozen.

I typed in my password and opened the camera roll before handing the phone to Darcy. She's always liked to go through my camera roll every now and then.

She started scrolling through my pictures, and most of the pictures were of her and Amy. Some pictures were off me and the lads too, and there were also some selfies Darcy and I took together while Amy was visiting her mum and brothers. 

"You look stupid," Darcy said and laughed as she scrolled through the selfies of us.

Then, the clock beeped, signalizing the pizza was done. I put on some gloves before opening the over and taking the pizza out. 

Considering Amy was still asleep, Darcy and I just began eating, but I saved a few slices for Amy, just in case she was hungry when she woke up.

--------------

few facts about me: im 15, from italy. i have a cat and i have a little brother, who's 10. i joined wattpad when i was 13, so i've been on here for 2 years. my birthday is 5th October. I have a step-dad and a step-mum, so both my parents re-married. my brother, vince, and i live mostly with our mum :)

- sarah xx