Chapter 13

A M Y *1 WEEK LATER*

"Hey, Amy," Niall said as I answered a phone call from him. "I just wanted to ask how you and Darcy are doing?"

"We're doing good," I replied. "She's been complaining a few times about you being away, but she's trying to get used to it," I said. "How about you? How's the tour?"

"It's great," He replied. "At the show yesterday, there was a girl who held up a sign saying 'Niall, I love your daughter' and I just began smiling like an idiot because I'm glad that the fans are accepting our daughter," 

"Yeah, I'm glad too," I replied. "Just imagine how would it be if the fans hated her.."

"I don't even wanna think about that," He said. "It would be like hell," 

"I know.." I agreed with him.

"Mummy, who are you talking to?" Darcy asked as she came walking down the stairs. "Is it daddy?" 

"Yeah, it is," I replied. "Do you want to talk with him?" I asked and she nodded with a bright smile on her face.

I put the phone on speaker and put it down on the table as Darcy sat down next to me on the couch. 

"Daddy?"

"Hi, Darcy!" Niall said. "How's everything at home? Are you and mummy having fun together?"

"Yeah, a lot of fun," She replied. "We met some of your fans yesterday, and they signed my cast!"

"They did? That's great, princess," He replied and I could picture him smiling to himself. "One week closer to the baby's arrival now, you know. You excited?"

"Yes, very," She replied. "Mummy's going to ultrasound on Saturday, and she said that I can come too," She said. 

"I really wish I could be there too," Niall said. "Make mummy send me the ultrasound picture, yeah?"

"Okay." She replied.

"But I've gotta go now," He said. "We have rehearsals soon, but I'll talk with you tomorrow, okay?" 

"Okay," She said. "Bye, daddy!"

"Bye, princess," He said. "And bye, Amy!"

"Bye, Niall," I replied before picking up the phone from the table and hanging up.

As Darcy was heading upstairs to her room, my phone vibrated meaning I had gotten a text. I picked it up, and the ID said 'Garreth'.

From: Garreth

Hey, wanna hang out today?  You can bring your daughter if you want to :)

I texted him back.

To: Garreth

Sure, where should we meet you?

From: Garreth

Just meet me at the park and then we'll decided what to do today, yeah?

To: Garreth

Sounds like a plan!

"Darcy!" I called out to her. "Wanna come and meet one of mummy's friends?"

"Okay!" She shouted back as she came back downstairs again. "Who's your friend?" She asked.

"His name is a Garreth," I replied. 

"He's not gonna replace daddy, right?" She asked.

"No, no, no," I said, and I was surprised why she would ask such a question. "No one could ever replace your father,"