Chapter 17

N I A L L

"What? She is?" I asked, in shock. "I'll be there as soon as possible,"

"How? You're in Hong Kong, so I doubt you'll make it here in time,"

"No, I'm not," I replied, and I could picture her raising her eyebrow. "I'm in London,"

"What? When?" She asked as I was heading out of the house.

"I arrived here just about half an hour ago," I replied. "I needed to talk to Amy, but she was no where to be found in the house,"

"Well, she actually told me not to call you, but I just had to," She said. "I couldn't let your daughter or son be born without you knowing it,"

"So, it's not born yet?" I asked.

"No, she hasn't even started pushing yet," She replied. "Darcy and I will be in the waiting room to meet you, so you'll probably see us when you come here. Amy won't be knowing that you're coming."

"Okay, I'll be there soon," I said as I began driving towards the hospital. "Bye,"

"Bye," She replied before hanging up. I believe that for the first time in history, Tahlia had just been my lifesaver. If it wasn't for her right now, I would've missed my second child's birth, and I don't want to miss it like I missed Darcy's.

When I arrived at the hospital, I parked the car and ignored all the paps that were because they probably had seen Amy come here earlier.

"Niall, is the kid being born now?"

"Niall, why did you leave Hong Kong?"

"Niall, are you aware that you're gonna miss the show in Hong Kong?"

I ignored all the questions and kept on walking until I was inside the hospital and could see Tahlia and Darcy in the waiting room.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed as she saw me and began running towards me. I knelt down to her level as she ran into my arms. I held her close to me as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too, princess," I replied and kissed her cheek. "You're not mad for what I did to mummy, are you?"

"A little bit..." She replied. "But only because mummy was crying, so I still love you,"

"I love you too," I said as I carried her with me over to Tahlia. "Can we, um, can we go and see Amy?"

"Sure, just follow me," She replied and stood up from her chair. She started walking down a hallway, and I started getting nervous. What is Amy gonna say when she sees me?

"Daddy, are you okay?" Darcy asked me.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous," I replied.

"Why?"

"Because your mummy and I aren't exactly friends at the moment," I replied. "Plus, my son or daughter is being born soon, and I just hope that Amy can I work things through to give it the best childhood ever,"

"But don't you have another girlfriend?"

"Don't tell mummy yet, but it's fake," I whispered to her. "My boss wanted me to date her, so I had to do it. I wanted to explain it to your mummy, but she never returned any of my calls,"

"Oh.." Was all she said. "Well, I'm not gonna tell her unless you want me to tell her,"

"That's my girl," I said and smiled at her.

"Here it is," Tahlia said and stopped by a plain white door, just like the other doors. "I suggest you walk in first, okay?"

"Sure," I replied and sat Darcy down on the floor.