Chapter 12

A M Y | short pov

"Hey, mum," I said and smiled sadly at her as she opened the door for us. She shot me a sad smile back as I carried a sleeping Darcy inside. "Have you heard any news yet?"

"Yeah, they called about an hour ago," She replied as we sat down in the living room. "Jason is with him right now, and I told him we'd be over soon too,"

"I just hope he's gonna be okay.." I said, looking down at Darcy.

"Did you tell Niall?" She asked, but I shook my head. "Why not?"

"He's going on tour, mum, and I didn't want him worrying about this," I replied. "I just don't want him to let this get in the way for his tour,"

"That's sweet of you, Amy, but you will need to tell him sooner or later," She said, and I nodded.

"I'll tell him when he comes home, okay?" I told her and she smiled at me. "So, should we go see him, then?"

"Sure," She replied and got up from the couch. As we were heading out to mum's car, Darcy's eyes fluttered open.

"Where are we going?" She asked me as she rested her head on my shoulder. 

"We're gonna go visit your uncle Taylor," I replied, and I could tell she was confused.

"Where?"

"At the hospital,"

N I A L L

As I was waiting for the plane to start boarding, I went through my camera roll and found a picture I took of Darcy with the monkeys yesterday at the zoo. I uploaded the picture to twitter with the caption 'already missing this little monkey-lover. love you, princess. wish you and mummy were here with me right now !'

I got tons of replies saying how adorable she is, and how jealous they were off our father-daughter relationship. I followed some girls that were being supportive to me before locking my phone and putting it in my pocket.

Not long after, the plane started boarding. I stood in line and got my ticket scanned before walking onto the plane. 

As I walked to find my seat, I noticed there were a few girls who had noticed me, so I just gave them a wave before continuing to walk. 

I found my seat right next to the window and so far, there wasn't anyone sitting next to me yet. Part of me was actually hoping I would be sitting alone, but I knew those chances were small, because not long after there was a girl and a boy around 6 who sat down in the two seats next to me. I didn't see them talking to any grown ups that could've been their parents, so I was just assuming they were travelling alone.

"Hello," I said and smiled at them.

"Hi," The girl replied. 

"You look familiar," The girl's brother said. "Aren't you in that band my other sister likes so much?"

"I wouldn't deny it," I replied and chuckled. "Are you guys travelling alone or are your parents sitting anywhere near?"

"We have been visiting our aunt and uncle, and now we're going back home to mummy and daddy," The girl replied.

"I see," I replied and smiled at her. "So, do you guys wanna tell me your names?"

"My name is Jimmy," The boy said.

"And I'm Julia," The girl said. "We're twins,"

"Well, my name's Niall," I said. 

"Aren't you the one that has a daughter?" Jimmy asked, and I nodded. 

"Yes, I have a little daughter, and my wife and I are expecting another baby very soon," I replied.

"Yeah, Alex told us," Julia said, and I assumed Alex was their sister. "Is it a girl or a boy?"

"We don't know yet," I replied. "We're waiting until he or she is born until we find out," I said and they nodded. 

Not long after, the plane took off. During the flight, Julia, Jimmy and I were just having conversations and getting to know each other. They were pretty cool kids, if you ask me. 

But before we knew it, the plane was ready to land. We fastened our seat belts as we waited for the plane hit the ground, and it did shortly after. 

"Well, it was nice getting to know you guys," I told the twins as we walked off the plane. "Tell your sister I said hi, will you?"

"Okay," Jimmy replied. "She'll get so jealous when she finds out we met you,"

"I bet she will," I said and chuckled. "Bye, guys," I said as I started heading over to the baggage claim. 

"Bye, Niall!" They said in union and waved at me. 

I sat down on a bench nearby and waited for my suitcase, and it was luckily one of the first who came. 

As soon as I had gotten my suitcase, I headed out of the airport and hopped into the limo that waited for me outside.

A M Y

"Hey, Taylor," I said and smiled sadly at him as Darcy, mum and I walked into his hospital room. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good," He replied. "I'm just a little weak, but.. I'm definitely doing better,"

"That's great," I said and sat down in the chair next to his bed.

"Uncle Taylor, what's wrong?" Darcy asked him. "Did you get hurt by a car like daddy?"

"No, I didn't get hit by a car," He replied. "And we're not really sure what's wrong with me.. The doctors are still running tests on me," 

"You're not gonna die, are you?" She asked, and I could tell she was scared. 

"I can assure you that I won't die," He assured her. "I'm gonna stay alive and still be your uncle for the rest of your life,"

"Promise?" She asked, and he nodded.

"I promise," He replied. "You know I'd do anything for you, right?" He said and grabbed her hand. 

"You would?"

"Of course I would!" He replied. "Now come here," He said and pulled her in for a hug. "And I need you to remember, that even if I were to actually die, I would still be taking care of you from the skies, you know,"

"From the skies?"

"Yes," He replied. "That's where the dead people go to make sure their loved ones are safe,"

-------

this short and crappy, but.. now you know almost what's up with taylor. he's in the hospital, but who knows why he's there? honestly i dont even know yet.. havent really decided ah

- sarah xx