Chapter 29

N I A L L | before he came to amy's flat

As soon as the plane landed, I was the first one to run off and head out of the airport. I ignored all the fans and paparazzis asking me questions and got into a cab. 

I told the driver the address and he began driving. 

About 10 minutes later, he stopped the cab outside mine and Amy's house. I paid him the money and headed out of the cab. 

I ran as fast as I could up the front door and unlocked it. I then headed inside, only to see an empty living room. 

"Amy?" I called out, but there was no reply. 

I checked in every room in the house, but she was nowhere to be seen. I checked in Darcy's room, and then I checked in Jaxon's room. Nothing. 

Frustrated, I pulled out my phone and dialed Jason's number. 

"Hello?" He answered on the third ring. 

"Where's Amy?" I asked. "I came home and she's not here. I figured out you might know where she is."

"And why should I tell you? She's hurt, you know." He answered. 

"That's why I have to explain everything to her!" I said. "Yes, I slept with Molly, but we got a DNA test and the baby isn't mine!"

"It isn't?" He asked. 

"No, it's not!" I said. "Just tell me where she is so I can see her."

"She's in Mullingar in her old flat." He replied. "Taylor's with her right now, but I'll call him to make sure she stays there until you're there."

"Okay, I'll be there in about two hours." I said and hung up. 

I ran back out of the house, taking another cab back to the airport. 

A M Y | current time

"Wha-What are you doing here?" I asked him."How did you know I was here?"

"I called Jason." He answered, standing up from the couch. "Listen, I really need to talk to you Amy.. It's really important and maybe, just maybe, this could save our relationship."

"We don't have a relationship anymore, Niall." I said. "I went to the court house yesterday and got the divorce papers..."

"Divorce? No, please don't do this!" He said, a tear running down his cheek. "I love you with all my heart, please don't let me go.. We can work this out, I know we can!"

"Niall, I don't want us to fight in front of Jaxon." I said, looking down at our little son. "Just tell me what you think could 'save' our relationship and then you leave, get it?" I asked, and he nodded. 

"Well, earlier today I started thinking about how you got your bump when you were only two months pregnant with Jaxon, but Molly claims she's already four months pregnant and it doesn't even show yet.. So I suggested to her that we would get a DNA test, and the test turned out negative." He said. "Meaning, the baby isn't mine."

"How is that even supposed to save our relationship?" I asked. "You still slept with Molly even after you promised me you would never cheat on me again! After Molly came along, it has only caused trouble to our relationship, maybe we should take that as a sign that we're just not meant for each other?"

"We were drunk, Amy!" He said. "I never wanted to sleep with her! It just sort of happened, and I'm really sorry. What do I have to do to make you mine again? Do you want me to tell the whole world Molly and I are only fake? Because if that's what it takes, I'll do it. I'll tell the whole world that the baby's not mine, and all four of us could be a happy family again! Sleeping with Molly was wrong and I was disrespectful to you.. It happened right after I saw those pictures of you and Garreth, and I was just mad, I guess. I was mad and wanted to get revenge, but now I realize just how stupid I was. I know this isn't an excuse to what I did, but this is an apology. I'm admitting what I did wrong, and I just hope you'll be able to forgive me.. We've been through so much together, but we always find a way back to each other. We're meant to be, Amy, I know we are. Will you just give me another at being a wonderful husband to you and a great father to our angel Darcy and our prince Jaxon. Please, I'm begging you.. I love you and our kids more than anything, and what I want most in the world is for us to be a family.."

As he finished, I had tears running down my face, and so had Niall too. I laid Jaxon down on his play mat before sitting down on the couch and Niall sat down next to me. 

"Listen, I'm gonna be honest with you.." I started. "This past month has been hell for me thinking that you were having a baby with another girl. I've been trying to get over you, but every time I look at our kids, it only brings me back to you.." I paused a second before speaking up again. "What I'm trying to say is that I am willing to give you another chance if you're able to prove it to me that you mean everything you just said, cause I'm not sure if I can keep sneaking around with you. We can't even go out and have a normal day with our kids anymore, and that's what sucks!"

"Then I'll tell the truth to the world." He said. "I'm gonna let the world know how much I love you and that the whole thing with Molly was all fake. I'm gonna do whatever it takes as long as you're mine. So, forgive me?"

"I'll try." I replied. "I just need to know that you're not just messing around with me.."

"Babe, I would never do that." He said. "Now, come here." He said and wrapped his arms around me. "You're not gonna force me to get a divorce, are you?" 

"No, I'm not." I answered, smelling his scent. "Listen, I'm just gonna and pick up Darcy from kindergarten, okay? You stay here with Jaxon."

"Okay, see you soon."

------ 

first of all, yes i do realize they are in mullingar and the nursery is in london. but this is FICTION, so just pretend, capisce? bc if you're gonna hate, then just stop reading. 

all the fucking love. 

- sarah xx