Right Decision⁵

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 V

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 V

꧁༒𝐡𝓪Ⓣ︎ᗴℝ༒꧂

After Minho has dropped the boy off in his room, Felix is left alone. The room is large and furnished in a very old-fashioned way for modern times. But it feels very empty and impersonal. That's probably because it's just a guest room, but if Felix is honest, he feels uncomfortable in the room.
At home... if he can call this place home... he at least has his personal belongings lying around. Even if there aren't many of them and they might be rather stupid to some, that's all Felix has. He doesn't understand how Yongbok can just leave it all behind and throw this part of his life away. After all, Felix and Yongbok have lived there for more than four years.

Felix shakes his head. "Don't get sentimental now," he curses to himself and then sits down on the bed. It's actually better than his old one. At home, the boy sleeps on old wooden pallets with an old mattress on top, where the springs already poking through the fabric. This bed here, however, is very soft and still feels new. Presumably no one has ever used this room, or Chan is just fiddling with his money and buys new furniture as soon as the old guest has left. You're probably wondering why Felix sleeps on wood and an old mattress when he gets so much money from his missions. The reason is that he spends most of his money on Yongbok, or he has put some of it aside for his future. Even if he doesn't yet know what it will look like.

Felix lies down and covers himself up. For the first time, he actually feels comfortable in a bed. His blanket is just a thin fabric that barely covers his upper body and half of his legs. It's particularly bad in winter. He always has to sleep with his winter jacket on. But Felix is not complaining. He has chosen life.
As he closes his eyes, he imagines himself lying on the beach on a hot summer's day. His legs are brushed by the tide and the warm summer breeze tickles his skin, still wet from swiming. Next to him is his brother, who is also getting a tan from the sun and holding a cool drink with ice cubes in his hand. The heat is so intense that the beads of water drip down the glass onto the hot sand. But this dream will never come true. Every time he sees this image, the water turns red and the sand is stained by the water. The color always reminds him of blood and Felix realizes that he can never escape his murderous life.