My turn¹⁹

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 XIX

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 XIX

꧁༒𝐡𝓪Ⓣᗴℝ༒꧂

Love... a wonderful feeling that not everyone is blessed with. But it can also be a curse. One moment you think you'll never be alone again, but the next second everything is lost. Four days ago, Chan had the feeling that he had achieved everything in his life. He is successful, has a family and had found the love of his life, but now... he has lost what he thought he would never have. Chan went through every stage of grief, but at one point he lost himself. At first he was shocked... of course. Everyone is shocked at first if you lose an important person in your life. Then he wanted to deny it, but no matter how much he lied to himself that it didn't happen... Yongbok didn't come back. Then came the grief. Chan had never felt so many emotions at once. And unfortunately, he hasn't come out of his depressed trance since.

While Minho looked after Felix as best he could, the other members tried to pull Chan out of his depression. But that's easier said than done. Jisung and Hyunjin tried to help their leader with his hobby... Shooting practice... to distract. On the one hand, they hoped that he would be able to vent his anger and on the other hand they hoped that it would distract him from the pain. But Chan wasn't in the mood to even touch a gun.
Changbin tried to help his leader by getting back to work, but every time he tried to bring Chan into his office, Chan burst into tears even more because the room reminded him too much of unforgettable moments with Yongbok.
And last but not least, Jeongin and Seungmin tried, but they had no luck either. Normally, the two maknaes were everything to their leader, but Chan was too caught up in his grief.

The six members were now all sitting desperately in the kitchen. "What are we going to do?" Jisung broke the silence in despair. "We have to help Chan... but I have no idea how," Changbin continues, at a loss for words. "Hyung... how did you cope with your brother's death back then?" asks Hyunjin the oldest in the room. The others all know that Minho lost his brother in a car accident. That was before their time as a gang. "You can't use that as an example. I wasn't the same then as I am now..." Minho says coldly and Hyunjin immediately regrets asking. The boy wasn't thinking. But none of them had ever had to deal with such a great loss... except Minho. Minho knows how Felix feels. He doesn't know what it's like to lose his twin brother, but Minho knows what it's like to lose his younger brother. And he is not proud of how he overcame his grief. It wasn't until he met Chan that he was able to cope with his grief in a healthy way.

"I can only say this much. Chan was the one who helped me back then. I think now is the time for me to do the same," says Minho resolutely and stands up. "You wait here. When I'm not back in an hour, please put this tray of food outside Felix's room," says the older boy and then disappears. He leaves the others to their own thoughts... their own greif and their own guilt. Even though they didn't know Yongbok well, the boy had become an important member of the family. They liked Yongbok. Very much so... They really hope that Chan will come back so that they take justice in their own hands.

Minho stands in front of the door to his leader's room and raises his hand, but doesn't knock on it yet. Minho has never stood in front of the room and had to talk to Chan about such a topic. They have all lost a team-mate, but never someone so close to them. They hadn't known Yongbok for long and they didn't know him very well. Minho always had the feeling that the boy was hiding something from them... Even from his own brother, but he never gave them the feeling that he was trying to betray them. Not like Felix, who openly admitted it. Another reason why he doesn't understand why he wants to help Felix so badly...

Minho knocks on the door and waits for an answer. It doesn't take long before the door opens and opens a crack. But Chan is not standing in front of the door. The older man must know that Minho is at the door. Because no one has ever entered the boss's room except Minho and Changbin.
Minho enters the room and can barely see his hand in front of his eyes. The curtains are drawn and all the lights are off. He has to guess where he is going and luckily it turns out well. He walks carefully through the room until he stands in front of what he assumes is the desk. He scans his surroundings with his hands and finds a chair. He sits down on it and then simply pauses. You can hear the wind blowing through the slightly open window. At least Chan gets some fresh air... more or less through the curtains. Minho just sits there for a few seconds and thinks about how best to address his leader. He himself has never been in the role of a listener in these moments.

He doesn't know what the right words would be or whether he should even bring it up this early. He sits there and asks himself, what would Chan do? And it actually helps him. He remembers how Chan helped him all those years ago. But Chan didn't talk to Minho about his loss, instead he distracted him from the pain for the first time. Chan wanted Minho to open up to him, because only then would Chan know that Minho was ready to talk about his loss and that was exactly what Minho should do for his leader now.
"Hyung, we have new information about the thief," Minho began the conversation, but Chan didn't respond. "You know... the one who stole the 10 thousand dollars from our compartment," Minho continues and this time he attracts the elder's attention. Chan looks at him with eyes that are both curious and relieved. "Seungmin and Jeongin went through the video cameras again and found discrepancies between two video recordings," Minho continues.

And so the two of them are now sitting on Chan's bed with his laptop, scrolling through the video recordings and reading through Seungmin and Mina's logs. Chan is grateful for the distraction, even though he knows what Minho is up to, but he also understands why Minho is doing it. Chan was there for him then and now it's Minho's turn. Chan is very grateful to the boy and can only smile slightly. For the first time in days, he has forgotten Yongbok and he needed that. Even though Yongbok is gone now, he still has a family and a team that needs him... as a friend and as their boss. Chan still has his whole life ahead of him and Yongbok wouldn't have wanted him to reminisce.

I'll always love you!'

꧁༒𝐡𝓪Ⓣᗴℝ༒꧂

I got a new phone and I am still trying to get to know it better, haha

I got a new phone and I am still trying to get to know it better, haha. (I switched from Samsung to iPhone, so it has been... different)

Also I try my best updating every week, but I am very busy... so please be patient. (Not only my phone changed...)

Hope you liked it!

~chichi