Flashback¹⁷

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯  XVII

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯  XVII

꧁༒𝐡𝓪Ⓣᗴℝ༒꧂

'Flashback after Yongbok told Chan about
Mr. Zee's plan and they planned Felix' rescue'

Minho was the first to come up with a rescue plan for Felix, but of course Chan and Changbin immediately helped him. After all, they only had half an hour to think of something.
Meanwhile, Yongbok has other things to sort out. He already knew that this evening would come sooner or later and that it would not end without injuries. And in order not to take any risks, Yongbok has already secured himself beforehand. He let Hyunjin in on his secrets about Mr. Zee. "Hey Hyunjin", the younger greets the older in his room. Hyunjin is just getting ready for the fight. "Oh hey Yongbok. What's up?" Hyunjin asks, but doesn't let himself be distracted from his work.
"I just wanted to ask you if you still remember our agreement?" Yongbok asks and Hyunjin immediately stops.

"Of course. I digitized all the evidence and saved it on a USB stick, which I then put in a secret hiding place," says Hyunjin and Yongbok looks satisfied. "Wonderful. I'm pretty sure you'll need it soon," Yongbok says simply and wants to leave again, but this time Hyunjin stops him. "What does that mean? You said I shouldn't give it to anyone other than Felix and only if something happened to you," Hyunjin explains confused, but Yongbok just nods. "Exactly and nothing has changed. So... see you," Yongbok says and then simply disappears. Hyunjin is left alone with his panicked thoughts and imagines the worst. He would like to run to Chan immediately and share his suspicions about the coming night, but he can't do that. He promised Yongbok not to say anything... no matter what happens.

'Flashback when Felix was shot
(Yongbok POV)'

Suddenly, a deafening explosion ripped through the silence, followed by a sharp bang. Without warning, a bullet pierced the darkness and hit me directly in the chest. I staggered back, my body wrecked with searing pain. I slowly slumped to the ground, surrounded by the darkness of the night and the echo of the shot that ended my life. Or so I thought it would happen, but I was feeling fine. Well, as fine as someone can feel after they got shot. I noticed Changbin immediately searching for the shooter, while Chan rushed to my side. He knelt next to me and gently lifted me onto his lap. I fought back the tears. Although I knew I would live, the pain was a lot... and I knew I was about to hurt a lot of people. "Everything will be all right," Chan promises me. I knew he was just trying to distract me, but I didn't need distraction.
I already had a plan... I am so sorry.

My wound is big and the blood is much. Others would think I would die, but I knew I wouldn't. I just couldn't tell them. I need them to believe that I am about to die. Chan's hands trembled when he saw my wound. Chan remained strong for me. I could see how much he would like to just go after the person who shot me, but he also wanted to stay with me. I feel so bad for putting him through such a loss. I just hope he can forgive me... "Seungmin, call an ambulance. We need help now," I hear Chan say quickly to himself. If they wait for the ambulance, then it may be too late. I just need them to leave. So how can I get them to go? "It's okay Channie... Everything is exactly as it should be... Please take care of my brother... That was just the beginning," I said to him as I take Chan's face in my hand and forces the older one to look at me. I need him to believe me and go. He needs to stay with Felix now. Felix is in danger and I can only help him if Mr. Zee believes I am dead.

I feel terrible. I can see Chan crying and it's the first time ever I see him so vunerable. I hate myself for hurting him. I give him one last smile before closing my eyes and dropping my hand to the floor. "No... NO! Yongbok wake up! WAKE UP!" Chan screams desperately, but I don't move an inch. I have to pretend to be dead. If Chan doesn't believe I am dead, how would Mr. Zee believe it. I am so sorry... so so sorry... "The paramedics are here..." I hear Changbin saying. Good, they have to go now. I need to leave without Chan.
The paramedics do their job and for once I am very glad for my training from Mr. Zee. I once took part in a training lesson on how to pretend to be dead for a few minutes. I never really achieved that goal, not like Felix, but I trained the past few days and I can act dead for at least a minute. That has to be enough. The paramedics prounounce me as dead gladly, then they place a black cloth over my body and that's it... I am dead... (for everyone else at least)... and I finally can continue with my mission.

'After Yongbok is taken to the mortician'

Luckily the body bag wasn't too restrictive and I could breathe easily. Now I just had to wait until I was on the corpse table for the the autopsy. Which surprisingly doesn't take long. I see the mortician open the body bag and look at me. To be honest, I immediately feel very sorry for the man for what I'm about to do, but I have to do what I have to do. I wait until the man leaves the room. When I was sure he was gone, I got up and sneaked out of the room. When I finally got out of the building, I walked to the first bus stop and waited.

And waited...

The first bus stopped...

I'm still waiting...

The second bus stopped...

I keep waiting...

Then finally a black SUV pulled up and I had a big grin on my face. I ran to the passenger side. The driver rolls down the window and I look the person straight in the eye.
"It was about time...

...Jeongin"

꧁༒𝐡𝓪Ⓣᗴℝ༒꧂

Hellu guys,

Hellu guys,

Today is my birthday. So I decided to leave a little present for my lovely readers.

I hope you enjoyed this cliffhanger...
(sorry... ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎)

~chichi