Chapter 36

Ari POV
ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DOLLAR... I walked into my Houston Beauty Bar, it was chill and no too many people in here. The song Co-Sign by SWV was playing. I walked to my station turning on my lights about to set my tools out, one of my lash techs was walking towards me making me turn around and looking at her.

"Hey, I'm sorry for walking up on you. But I have a client who will be coming in around 8:30am and she had mentioned that she wanted to get her hair done by you today, and it completely slipped my mind" she said to me

"Okay, and my first client doesn't come in til 10:10, so if she want I can get her started as soon as she comes in" I said looking at her. She was a very pretty girl, her ass is uneven but she still is very pretty, I thought to myself.

"Oh okay thank you so much, and I also have something for you. Just a little appreciation for giving me a chance to work in your shop. It's no much because I didn't really know what to get you" she said as she pulled a bag from behind her handing it to me. I took it and opened it, I pulled out a custom made set of hair tools with the letters A.M.B along with 2 custom made hair capes.

"Awwww thank you soo much, I really appreciate this. I love it" I said smiling before pulling her into a hug

"I'm glad you like it. And I'll go get the girl. She should be upfront" she said smiling walking away. Her shirt was lifted up and I she had a tramp stamp that said "D. East".... Who the fuck is D. East? It better not be my D. East, I thought not realizing that they was walking back towards me.  I looked at the client and it was Jerrika Karlae....

"Girlll what tf is you doing here" I said catching an attitude

"I noticed my lash tech worked in your shop so I booked my appointment and I asked if you could do my hair" she said smiling at me.

"I'm so sorry. If it's a problem you don't have to do it" my lash tech said.

"Girl you are okay. You didn't know. And Jerrika imma do your hair today but no more after this. I don't even like you, but I'm not about that let me not make my money. Follow me to the wash room"
I said walking to the back towards the wash room. I fought the air before grabbing what I needed to wash her hair. I walked to the bowl she was sitting at and turned the water on, letting it run through her hair

"You know your makeup around your forehead is going to come off during me washing your hair, right?" I told her, looking at the uneven makeup come right off the top of her forehead

"That's cool. Listen I just want to make sure it's no beef between you and I. You know I work with Davey and I jus-" she started to say

"His name is David. Don't call him that." I said looking down at her wanting to drawn her in this hot water

"Oops my bad umm David. I just want to make sure it's no beef" she said looking at me

"It's no beef I just don't like you. And you can make me like you. All done, you can go sit in my chair I'll be up there in a minute" I said wrapping her hair in a towel.
Walking back towards the bathroom I let a little scream out, before breathing in and out a few times. "Lord please not today" I said before walking out the bathroom, walking towards my station.

"So how did you meet Dave" Jerrika asked me, as I combed through her hair. I looked at her. I squinted my eyes at her tilting my head to the right.

"Why? Why do you need to know" I asked staring her down through the mirror

"Well I just feel like I need to know. He doesn't open up to me when we are work together so I just feel like I should know" she said, as she chewed on her gum looking at me