To Belobog - Chapter II

After Kevin's horrible attempt at a joke, he finally joins the Astral Express - after all, he wouldn't stay in Herta Space Station, he.. didn't have enough experience. He's also not interested in space-y things. Also, he got sent to the wrong universe.

"...what are you doing here, former leader of World Serpent?", Welt finally asked in private. 

"I could say the same, Anti-Entropy's Sovereign.", Kevin shook his head. "What are you doing babysitting children?" 

"...Void Archives dragged me into this.", Welt took a seat on the crimson sofa. "I'm okay with it. Traveling worlds is a thing that I enjoy." Welt chuckled. The man had grown older since Kevin had last seen him. He could even make out a few wrinkles on Welt's face.

"When my comrade first created the 1st Divine Key, none of us expected that it would've had a consciousness.", Kevin sighed. "So... it left?"

"Mhm. Anyway, warp jump is going to start in five minutes. Take a seat - you might be dizzy."

-

The Astral Express stopped over at a planet called Jarilo-VI. Once a lush and beautiful planet, it now resembled a cold and desolate place.

"Spatial readout anomaly! Star rail stability is down to 12%! Schedule alteration - seven-day stay extended indefinitely!", the small conductor shouted. 

"Anomaly?", Stelle asked, confused.

"Anomaly?", Kevin chimed in.

"...The complex locality of this world has been affected somehow. The star rail's been blocked off by something.", Himeko explained. "Take a normal train for example: the tracks up ahead have suddenly snapped and the way forward leads straight into a collapsing abyss.. the only sensible thing would be to brake hard, right?".

"So continuing forward leads to certain death.".

"Precisely."

"This again.. don't tell me it's..", March 7th sighed.

"The results of the preliminary analysis are here - the anomaly stems from a Stellaron, as always.", Welt said as he walked into the room.

"Stellaron...", Stelle thought to herself, "What are they?"

"They're shrouded in mystery - not even Herta fully knows what they are. However, don't worry, because we've figured out a way to neutralize their influences.", Himeko smiled warmly.

"One thing is for sure - they cause massive changes to civilizations and ecosystems. They also create distortions in space called Fragmentum.", Welt added.

"So, the equivalent to the Honkai.", Kevin commented. He'd been listening quite intently, which is.. shocking, to say the least.

"What's a Honkai?", March 7th asked.

--

"Stelle, I'd like to entrust this Trailblaze mission to you, March, Dan Heng, and Kevin.", Himeko said. "The objective is clear - Find the Stellaron responsible for the disaster and the spatial distortions, and bring it back to the Express. We'll deal with the rest."

"Awesome! We get to work together again, Stelle! And also that cold guy that's not Dan Heng.", March 7th cheered.

"I'm not coming.", Kevin shook his head. He didn't seem glad for his first Trailblaze mission to be.. a freezing cold planet. 

"Why?"

"Because I'm cool."

"That's not a reason!", March 7th shouted.

"Why not?", Himeko asked patiently. "It's a new experience, dear.", she chuckled. 

"...Fine. My body temperature is -30 degrees Celsius, so I'd better hope I don't freeze over at the first opportunity.", Kevin sighed. "..you three can go by yourself.", the white-haired man looked down on the floor.

"Talk about being literally cold..", March 7th shook her head.

--

"A planet covered in snow and ice... will I find my answer here?", March 7th sighed, not realizing that Stelle was behind her. 

"Boo!" 

"Ahh! Hey, don't sneak up on me like that!", the pink-haired girl shouted. "Why are you still here anyway? Go find Dan Heng - and try to convince Kevin to join us.".

--

After finally pleading with Kevin (and offering him her entire instant noodle stock), Stelle managed to convince Kevin to go with them.

"Brr.. this really is one giant snowball.", March 7th said, shivering.

"Really is one giant snowball.", Stelle replied.

"Come up with your own metaphor!"

"It's like my heart.", Kevin chimed in.

"Such an edgelord..", March 7th shook her head. "Wait - was that a pun!?"