Unattainable Idol - Chapter XX

"Wait a minute.", Kevin thought as he sat on a crate. "What did I just do..."

And quickly, he left again, to find the people he left behind. How smart, Kevin.

--

"Serval, it's not that I don't want to help you... but you should remember that I'm a Belobog Silvermane Guard!", Dunn tried to at least explain. "How about this. You can leave and I won't tell anyone about this incident... But the outsiders must remain."

"There goes the negotiations.", Dan Heng sighed.

"Looks like this is gonna end in a fight after all.", Stelle grabbed the greatsword. "I guess I could test this guy out."

"I brought you guys here, and I'm standing with you till the end!", Serval said. 

Strumming her electric guitar, lightning struck from the heavens. God knows where the lightning came from. 

Stelle had just as quickly pushed the shield back. Congratulations, Stelle, you'll have to pay for that later. 

The impact knocked the unaware Dunn to the ground. Turns out, shields falling on you is not a good thing. "I'm sorry, Dunn.. Time for a little nap.", Serval looked down on the passed out Dunn.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

--

Meanwhile, Kevin was racing against the clock. Running from the underworld, he.. once again, forgot his jacket. 

It was unbearably cold. However, he should already be used to it. 

Silence. Where were the rest of them? 

He ran towards the north, and in front of himself, he found a passed out Silvermane Guard. The guard had his shield knocked back against him. Marks of the Shamash left on the shield. They shouldn't have gone far.

"Stop it, criminal! Without that giant sword of yours.. You can't possibly-", the soldier was about to say, before Kevin froze that one over. 

"Forget it, I can't fight against everything.", he looked around for his group. 

"The Barrier hasn't been fixed yet. Don't try and be a hero, Gepard!"

A familiar voice. It came from somewhere.