Luofu Prelude - Boundless

The universe was unimaginably vast.

Like a leaf floating atop water, he could see everything in the deep, yet unable to act, until someone decides to allow that leaf to return to the waters. 

He had almost won the game multiple times, and this time, he was going to finally win a competitive game against an omniscient being. Then, he would get his answers.. but what next?

--

"Wake up!", Stelle shouted. "Stop being so slow!"

"..Alright.".

Had he slept in for so long? Maybe. Did he care? ..Oh, probably not. However, he was still forced to go onto the Express. Pom-Pom was there, preparing to announce the next destination. 

Long time no see, Astral Express crew."

Kafka. Stellaron Hunter, with a 10.8 billion credit bounty on her head. Why did her - no, her hologram - appear on the Express? "Hm, I came at a good time. You're all here... Every single one."

"No need for the mysterious introduction, Stellaron Hunter.", Himeko said. 

"Himeko... correct?", Kafka chuckled. "Apologies for interrupting your little get-together. But I'm sure once you've heard my request you'll forgive me. I'd like you to make a...

Destination alteration.".

"I've seen your face before, Stellaron Hunter, even if it was only on a Corporation wanted poster. They were offering quite the bounty... dead or alive. Do you know the figure?", Himeko glared at her.

"Doesn't concern me. Then again, a Corporation bounty is a compliment, not an insult, don't you think? The higher the figure, the bigger the compliment."

"You wanted criminals sure know how to look on the bright side of things...", March glared at Kafka.

"...I will say, Herta certainly paid you all a compliment: 'A maniac that claims he can see destiny, leading a bunch of wild lunatics in pursuit of the most dangerous objects in the universe!' ...And Herta doesn't give out compliments very often.", Himeko said.

"In pursuit of the most dangerous objects in the universe, huh? ...In that sense, you Astral Expressers and I are cut from the same cloth.", Kafka chuckled. 

But then, Himeko immediately cut in. "You're in the wrong place, Kafka. We're not about to accept your request, and we're not about to get into bed with a Stellaron Hunter. It was nice talking with you. Perhaps next time you'll be willing to pay us a visit in person and we can continue our little discussion."

"Oh, isn't this.. How unexpected. Well, then. Have you guys heard of the Luofu?"

Welt and Himeko glanced at one another. 

"...The Xianzhou Luofu? It belongs to the Hexafleet of the Xianzhou Alliance. We've heard of it.", Welt answered.

"Mm. But what you haven't heard is that it's currently very close to you — a couple of warp jumps away, in fact. Not to mention, 45 system hours ago... a Stellaron burst occurred on the Luofu. An unexpected calamity... don't you think?",

"Kafka, stop speaking in riddles. Just say what you want to say.", Himeko demanded. 

"It's simple."

--

They wouldn't go, March said. Trusting the Stellaron Hunter.. it was a dangerous gamble, Kevin reasoned. There was some strange aura about her.

However, the majority, including Stelle, voted to go to the Xianzhou. This time, Kevin wouldn't go with them, so only March, Stelle, and Welt went. Welt was the former Herrscher of Reason, so their safety would be ensured. There was.. a reason that he trusted Welt.