(Requested by someone) 15k reads special - Discovering Kevin's Past

"Dan Heng, are you having difficulty with the categorization again?.", Himeko opened the door.

"Nothing, I just found a strange video clip when I was about to sleep.", Dan Heng's hands clicked through the archive monitor. "Here. It's labeled 'World Serpent'.". 

"Oh, really? Well, maybe it's a source of information if it managed to get through the Express firewall.. Or it's Silver Wolf.", Himeko walked over to the monitor. "I'll get Welt to take precautions.".

Despite his indifferent exterior, Dan Heng was certainly curious about the video, suspiciously titled 'World Serpent'. However, if he clicked it, it could possibly risk the Astral Express and possibly expose it to a virtual attack. Ever so cautious, he decided to restrain himself.

"Himeko informed me of the situation.", Welt entered the archives. "I think it's okay to view it. Maybe someone uploaded them to the archives on accident. After all, the last person spotted in there was March."

Dan Heng felt like he wanted to facepalm. Why didn't he check the access history?

"Sorry!! I-", March looked at the videos. "Strange, I didn't upload that..."

"March! I'm the one who uploaded the videos!", Stelle stepped in with an imaginary spotlight shining upon her, before she ran towards the monitor.

"The access history said otherwise.", Dan Heng pointed to the list. "March was the last who uploaded these."

"No way! Spooky video tapes... ghosts...", March trembled. "Uhh.. I'll.. pass..", March moved away, right before Kevin walked in. "Aaaaah!!! Help!", March said as she moved back. 

"..It's just me.", Kevin said. "What's wrong?"

"Strange clips.", Dan Heng pointed to the monitor. The two clips. And just as Stelle was about to take another good look at the clips, she "accidentally" pressed play on one of the video clips.

"Stelle, no.", Dan Heng looked at the screen. It was Kevin, sitting on a throne in a barely illuminated throne room. A mechanical robot-humanoid stood opposite of it.

"So?", Kevin said coldly.

"Sire, we have managed to return the body of Chiyou. It shall help restore your powers.", the robot-humanoid presented the giant body of a beast. "And also.. here, Sire. A most befitting gift. Only a weapon of such powers would be fit to be used by someone who shall lead humanity to its glorious future.".

"And what became of its wielder?"

"Given a warm accommodation most befitting of your descendant."

"Then, I shall accept it."

The Judgement of Shamash. Humanity gave this weapon many names; the flaming sword wielded by the cherubims who guard he gates of Eden, the Divine Judgement that swept through Sodom and Gomorrah. 

It glowed once more, its fires illuminating the room.

Even if waved off as myths, the truth is revealed in these halls; The serpent is real, and he is alive.

--

"...Oh.", Kevin looked at the recording. 

Welt glared at Kevin. "..You still have quite a lot of explaining to do, especially to these people."

"Yeah! Like - what do you mean you have a robot as your personal servant!? What do you mean you have some secret organization that lives underground!?", March looked at Kevin.

"Seems like we can't really trust our new Trailblazer.", Dan Heng said.

Kevin sighed. "..Alright. I'll explain. I used to..."

---