For the Underworld - Chapter XVII

"That's no ordinary kid. So young and yet so... stubborn? No, intelligent?", March said.

"She's incisive, and determined... in sharp contrast to you, March.", Dan Heng added.

"...Did you really have to add that last part!?"

"It looks like we'll have to get past Clara if we want to speak to Svarog.", Dan Heng said.

"If we can't even persuade Clara...", Stelle thought. "..Then good luck persuading that mass of metal."

"Clara mentioned Svarog's "calculation results" many times... The strength of the Underworlders won't be enough to prevent the disaster... Those were her exact words. For me, that's our starting point.", Dan Heng thought.

"So... you think Svarog's logic has a hole in it?", March asked.

"No. At its current strength, both the Overworld and the Underworld have been struggling against the Fragmentum.", Kevin said, in the most blunt way you could state it. "They won't survive."

"Precisely, although wording could be improved. But this calculation does not take the current situation into account.", Dan Heng explained.

"We're the new variable.", Stelle concluded.

"...Precisely. If we can make Svarog believe in us, we can almost certainly overturn the result of his calculation, and we'll be one step closer to peace talks.".

"But, how can we get him to do that... Showing him some of our photos wouldn't cut it, right?", March twitched nervously.

"There's always a way. But first, we have to convince Clara. I assume she must be on her way back to the robot settlement. Let's catch up with her.", Dan Heng said.

And back they went - thankfully Seele and Kevin remembered most of the path, with Seele mostly leading the group - because Sampo was being quite the useless guide right now.

Just as they were about to catch up, Clara had run away - faster than any of them could catch up with. "She turned that way, quick!", March pointed. The elevator seemed to take longer than usual to head down.

It was a bit of running in the snowy settlement. They passed by multiple of what Seele called 'can-openers' and quite a lot of rocky hills. March nearly got injured by a protruding rock in one of the cliffs while they were running. However, just as they arrived at the spot they estimated Clara to be.. 

She was gone.

"Huh? Where'd she go? We just saw her go this way.", March sighed. "We'll just have to head straight and keep looking."

"..It's not that hard to find, March. Right there.", Kevin walked, faster than his usual turtle pace towards the engine.

The little girl seemed frustrated. "Hmm... why won't it... Argh... I can't figure it out...", Clara realized the presence of the Trailblazers. "...Oh, it's you. You came with me after all.".

"We couldn't give up that easily.", Kevin said. It was shocking - to see the person who used to be colder and apathetic now having hope for the world.

"You're the underground's only hope.", Stelle explained.

"You keep saying that, but...", Clara shook her head.

"Are you repairing this installation, Clara? Hit a snag?", Dan Heng asked.

"Huh? How did you know?"

"The dimensions and wear of these two roller components look very different from the rest of the unit. You must have only just replaced them. You replaced the damaged components, but the unit isn't starting up as normal. That's what you're trying to figure out, right?"