Eternal Winter and a Betrayal - Chapter IV

Slight Spoilers for Honkai Impact Chapter 12! :D

"We're here. This is Qlipoth Fort.", Gepard nodded. 

"Qlipoth Fort?", Stelle asked. 

"Qlipoth Fort is the symbol of Preservation. Under Qlipoth's impulsion, the Architects constructed Belobog, thus protecting the spark of civilization from disaster and the Eternal Freeze.", Gepard nodded.

"Architects?", Kevin asked. 

"The saviors of humanity. Long ago before the arrival of the Eternal Freeze, the Architects braved the doubts and derisions of people, never wavering from their construction of its defenses. History has proven that their decision was the correct one.".

"This fortress is also the residence of the supreme guardian.", Gepard added. "The supreme guardian?", March 7th asked.

"The leader of Belobog, elected and appointed by the Architects. The supreme guardians have watched over this city for generations, sheltering the people from harm. The current guardian is Madam Cocolia Rand. Every major strategic decision is issued by her.", Gepard explained.

How did that Cocolia get out of jail? I thought.. never mind, even Welt's grown wrinkly and old, so.. maybe it is the Cocolia I'm thinking about. Problem is the spacecraft... how...

"Whoa, she sounds like a big deal!", March 7th said quite loudly, interrupting Kevin's train of thought. 

"I will now bring you along to meet Madam Cocolia Rand. Please have your words at the ready. Her time is precious, so she prefers concise communication.", Gepard finally states.

"Uhh... we're gonna see her right now? Can I at least find a place to freshen up first?", March 7th chuckled nervously.

"Can I tag along?", Stelle chimed in. "Let's not waste any time. She probably won't notice if you look a little ragged, unless.. you've been digging around in a trash... can..", Kevin sighed as he noticed such a sight:

", Kevin sighed as he noticed such a sight:

live photo: stelle rizzing up a trash can

"...Forget it. Once she jumps in that rabbit hole, there's no way out.", Dan Heng sighed. 

"...Uhh...", Gepard sighed. "My earlier impression of interstellar travelers seems to have been mistaken...".

"We're about to meet the Supreme Guardian! You're going to smell like trash, quite literally!", March 7th sighed, embarrassed. "I'll do it for you.", Kevin sighed and was about to reach forward, before March stopped him. "..Nevermind, it's better for me to do it. Stelle's going to freeze over if you do it. I can even feel the chills from here.."

(a/n: kevin stays so far from the crew it looks like he's stalking them)

After a few minutes of pulling Stelle away from "her beloved" and March 7th spraying perfume all over Stelle's body for an entire minute, they finally enter Qlipoth Fort.