Cleanse the Darkness Outside - Chapter XIX

The blue sky. Such a beautiful sight. 

"Ah, we're finally back! ...I forgot what fresh air tasted like... Nom, nom, nom.", March skipped around. 

Skipping around, forgetting she was a wanted criminal. Oh, how he wished to have March's bliss again. 

The city seemed to be quite tense. Had anything happened? Perhaps it was due to their return from the Underworld.

Kevin looked at the posters. Those were something. It looked like they didn't have enough time to finish his. Perhaps they ran out of ink.

"Where's our next stop? We should find somewhere to put our feet up, as long as it's not Goethe Hotel  again

"Where's our next stop? We should find somewhere to put our feet up, as long as it's not Goethe Hotel  again...", March said. In the middle of the bustling city, surely the Silvermane Guards and the citizens would know they were there... at least, if they went off of the high-quality posters.

Oh, classic unreliable Sampo. After all, he did say he would lead them out of the Underworld, not necessarily help them when they were already there.

"Hide in plain sight!", Stelle said a bit too loudly.

"Please, for the love of the.. If you don't want to be staying in Belobog jail, learn how to whisper.", Kevin sighed. He saw some locals staring at them, which was uncomfortable enough.

"Hey, don't they look like.."

"I don't know, that white-haired guy looks pretty suspicious."

"Don't you think the girl that I saw digging in trashcans also looks suspicious? Hey, let's go check out those posters again..."

"Yeah, I heard there's a big bounty for them."

"..I think it's best we go visit Serval Landau's workshop.", Dan Heng whispered. "Avoid Gepard. He's an elite officer of the Silvermane Guards. It wouldn't be easy to get to him. Besides... if he hasn't been persuaded by Bronya's letter, we'd be walking right into the lion's den."

March could see Seele, mesmerized by the blue sky, the buildings, and the seeming carefree nature of the Overworld.

"What's wrong, Seele?"

"Nothing much.. It's just been a little long. The last time I was on the surface, I was still a child. I have no memory of any of this. The Overworld and the Underworld... We've... We've been cut off for so long."

She took a deep breath.

"I'm fine. You guys lead the way.", Seele quietly said back. 

Walking near Serval's workshop, while trying to avoid getting caught by Silvermane Guards was deathly difficult. Belobog had deployed more Silvermane Guards in the city.

--

"Who is it? Shop's closed today, you'll have to come back tomorrow!", Serval's voice shouted. 

"It's the radiator fixers.", Kevin said.