Unexpected - Chapter V

"Hah, see! They weren't brave enough to follow us! Freedom!", March 7th cheered. "Better luck next time, slowpokes~!"

"That was too risky.", Kevin sighed.

"Hey, you were the one who chose the method!", the pink-haired girl shook her head. "Besides, it's the result that counts~!"

"...We caught them by surprise, nothing more.", Dan Heng brought the rest back to reality. "They'll be going after us soon."

--

"So.. what happened back there? Why did the supreme guardian send people to arrest us? Imagine launching a surprise attack when your enemy is fast asleep. The cheek!", March shook her head.

"That woman had a troubling aura... our instincts were correct.", Dan Heng sighed.

"...Cocolia... that woman is untrustworthy.", Kevin nodded.

Hidden between the alleys, Silvermane Guards were standing down the left fork. They were certainly not friendly, given the previous incident. And so, as the quartet tried to avoid them...

They ran into the commander again. 

"Even though it has suffered Fragmentum corrosion, this is still part of Belobog

"Even though it has suffered Fragmentum corrosion, this is still part of Belobog. It was our home. The Guards know this place like the back of their hand. Enough cat and mouse — drop your weapons and come with me.".
"Ugh, you're such a nuisance! Just what crime are we supposed to have committed!?", March 7th said angrily.
"My orders are to arrest you. It is for the adjudication panel to present you with the nature and penalty of your alleged crimes.", Bronya replied. 
"Did you not see us yesterday? We were received as honored guests - and yet this change has somehow occurred?", Kevin tried to talk his way out. 
"The Madam Guardian investigated your backgrounds. She summoned me last night to tell me that you had deceived her. Your identities and purpose here are counterfeit. You seek to overthrow the rule of the Architects."
"...Two-faced hag. That's what this Cocolia is."
"Publicly insulting the supreme guardian only elevates the seriousness of your crimes. Throw down your arms and surrender!", Bronya shouted.
"We're wasting our words. At least one thing is clear: We mustn't be caught.", Dan Heng summoned his spear. 
"Well, if there's no escape, then maybe it's time we gave them a taste of Astral Express medicine!", March 7th shouted.
Quickly Kevin acted. Since no snow to throw on the soldiers, he smacked one of them onto the ground immediately. He also.. may or may not have frozen the poor guy. Stelle smacked some of them with her baseball bat, effectively taking out most, except for one, which nearly hit March with their lance.
"Duck!", Dan Heng quickly repelled the enemy.(a/n: ...uhh, this is making me think that dan heng just used insect repellent. thanks, me)

"Lady Bronya..", the Silvermane Guard shook his head.
"Hm... I'll handle these evildoers... myself!", Bronya prepared her sniper rifle.

She quickly prepared to shoot, before smoke grenades were thrown all over the area. 

"What is this!?", Bronya said, grasping for air. 

"...I.. can't... breathe..", March 7th nearly passed out on the ground, coughing for air too. 

"..It's hard to see."

"I have one thing to say~!", the same energetic voice from Sampo Koski enthusiastically marveled. "Sampo never lets friends who have helped him come to harm~. I say what I mean.. and I mean what I say."

--

a/n: late but here's dan heng using insect repellent against the silvermane guards: