The Return - Chapter XXIV

"Is this.. the universe?"

--

"Kevin! Go, Kevin, go!", March tried to cheer him on. 

Kevin pointed Shamash at Cocolia. It had been long since he witnessed death in front of his own eyes.

"And you think you can fight ITS power? Perhaps one death is not enough to bring you the greatest despair.. Today.. I will destroy you all to build the New World!", Cocolia said.

"Humanity must defeat you, no matter the cost."

--

Wrapped in biting wind
Hearts will never bleed
Frozen and banished
Out of grief
In their restless dreams
They try so hard to breathe
Pulses flutter and sting
Within this bleakness

--

"The city is drowning in tears... The power of the Preservation is fading. We could not deny the will of the Stellaron after all...", the last remnant of the Guardian's Will said.

Stelle firmly replied, "Cocolia abandoned the Preservation. Besides, this is not what the Preservation would have wanted..."

"Ah, a believer, I see? ...Even if she abandoned the Preservation.. we have no right to judge. The Fragmentum had been expanding for the past 700 years. There is no faith nor wealth left for our successors... only despair. To see the home we vowed to preserved wither away... That in itself is torture. Not to mention the haunting whisper of temptation... The day will come when even the strongest of wills cannot help but give in to such influence. It is only a matter of time before the Amber Lord forsakes us."

"Well, some people can't be swayed.. So, let others carry on the will of Preservation."

"You... You are but a stranger to us. And yet you seek to bond your destiny to ours... So be it. What is there to lose when so much has already been lost... Touch the light of the Amber, trailblazer. See if your will can attract their gaze."
Stelle took the lance in her hands and held onto it - tight.
And with it, she earned their gaze and a second fighting chance.

--

We made a choice, go fight against your fate!

--

"Impossible!", Cocolia shouted in agony as she could feel the Stellaron's power leaving her. She was fading away.

Kevin had just used the Judgement of Shamash at her - at its full power, and to say it caused serious destruction was quite the understatement. 

"We did it.. right?", Seele looked up. The cinders from the explosion of power fell onto the ground.

"But.. Stelle..", March muttered.

"I'm back, boys!", Stelle shouted, lance in hand and baseball bat in the other.

"You're too late then.", Kevin muttered. 

Cocolia had vanished. There were no traces left of her.. and even if Bronya tried to get to her, tried to help her wake up from the dream, Cocolia had disappeared.

--

"It's over..", Seele sighed. 

"Mother... Did you wake up from that dream...?", Bronya looked up at the sky. 

"Wow... that was a tough trailblazing expedition. Dan Heng, Stelle, Kevin, — we made it! But, uh, what are we gonna do with the Stellaron? It's usually Mr. Yang who handles it...", March thought.

"I've informed Himeko and Mr. Yang already. They'll seal the Stellaron.", Dan Heng said.

"Nice! The crisis on this world is basically over, right?", March smiled.