An Invitation Without Proffer - Chapter XXVI

5.. 4.. 3... 2... 1... Welcome to the Xianzhou! Except no one was there to welcome them. 

Well, an automated system was. The mysterious voice opened the gate to the Luofu. Who knew who it was? 

"Something's not right.", Welt said. 

"Maybe the Stellaron Hunters were telling the truth. It seems like something really did happen to the Xianzhou... A vessel arrives at a deserted spaceport... Isn't that how, like, loads of horror movies start!?", she shivered.

" Let's not let our imaginations get the better of us."

"Please await transfer... Please await transfer... Please await transfer..."

"Still the automated signal?"

"Yes, it's still on repeat... Ah! There we go.", Himeko smiled.

"...The Jade Gate is now opening. On behalf of the Xianzhou Luofu: Welcome, guests from afar. Please proceed to dock in accordance with the guidance..."
"Huh? Is this still automated?"

"The signal broke off, seems that's all there is.""We should get going. Himeko, stay vigilant back here on the Express.", Welt said.

"Relax, I've got Dan Heng with me.".

"..Then I'll be staying.", Kevin spoke up. "...I'll help around."

"Not in the kitchen, please.", Dan Heng sighed. "I'd prefer you go with them." The time in between their warp jumps, Kevin had tried cooking.. and while it did turn out fine, he damaged quite a bit of equipment. Hey, at least he could make toast, although they had to get a new toaster.

"I don't wanna go...", Stelle cried. 
"Hmph, you were the most enthusiastic when we got off the train! Lies! All lies!", March shook her head. "Well, Trailblazers assemble!"
"Before we set off, I need to clarify the aim of this journey with you... The Stellaron Hunters have given us a lot to consider, and a lot to doubt... But the most important part of this expedition is—"
"Food!", she cheered.
"Hmph, always thinking with your stomachs, right? What about the photo spots?", March asked. 

"Sustenance is important.", Kevin shrugged. 

"..It's the Stellaron. The Stellaron Hunters clearly have ulterior motives. However, knowing what they're all about and given the focus of Kafka's words, I have no doubt that the Xianzhou is dealing with a Stellaron. The Alliance and the Express haven't had any previous dealings, so our arrival might not receive the warmest welcome. But as Trailblazers, we're not in this for fame or gain — we just need to do everything in our power to assist the Xianzhou and eliminate the source of disaster.  Always keep that in mind, and don't forget the way of the trailblaze: Explore, understand, establish, and connect.", Welt said. 
--
The docks were empty. Too empty for a receiving spot, isn't it? March's fears started to grow. What if the entire port was abandoned, and then there was a super strong malevolent being that not even Kevin could defeat, and then all of them died.. and then the Astral Express.. and then.... And then... 

"March? Luofu to March?", Stelle spun around. 
"Aaaahh!!!! If anyone opened the gates here they're immediately in my bad books!? Mr. Yang, what do we do!?"
"We should start with the person who opened the Jade Gate. If it turns out they're not friendly, then at least they've already made things easier for us. If it turns out they were just doing their job, then we can ask them what happened here.", Welt said.

As they approached a fork in the road, they noticed a couple of knights. Some were hurt - luckily, March 7th and her ice solved most of the issues. Some were left to die, although strangely no wounds were on their bodies.

Down the stairs they go, defeating some strangely humanoid monsters (read: insane immortals) who for some reason have two lives and refused to die quick enough.

There, they find a girl with fox ears and two knights.. as well as those monsters. 

" Hey, you there! We need your help!"