Chapter 8

Days at the Kent farm have become natural. 

Especially after your brother found you making out with Clark in your room.

Jotting down your notes in your book, you glance at Clark to see how far he's gotten in his assignment. He shuts his book and your mouth hangs open.

"You're kidding! There's no way you're done. It's like fifty pages."

He just gives that little smile and you roll your eyes.

"I can help if you'd like." You nod.

"Please do."

Clark places his book down, moving closer. His eyes catch a form in between your scattered sheets.

"What's this?"

When you catch his stare, you try to grab it, but he plucks it from the spot.

"G-Give it back!"

He shakes his head, holding it just out of your reach. When he reads it, he looks down at you.

"You're taking college classes this summer."

You nod, and you finally reach the document, snatching it with flushed cheeks.

"I-I figured I'd get a head start. "

"The major is criminology."

Your cheeks are still flushed.

"D-Don't go getting a big head. I-It's not like I shifted my focus to criminology so I can work in crime and help you with your hero endeavors!!"

You completely outed yourself.

Shoving the paper between your books, you drop onto the couch, avoiding eye contact. Clark is wearing a big smile.

"You're cute when you try to act all tough."

You still refuse to look his way and Clark laughs, nudging your shoulder as you bat his hands away.

"Stop messing around and help me!" You whine playfully.

The both of you are going back and forth, so you don't truly notice when Jonathan walks in.

"(Y/N), Clark." Your head lifts from your little laughing fit, Clark is wearing a similar expression.

There's a man standing next to Jonathan that neither of you recognize. He steps forward and you rise.

"Hi." You greet them with a smile. You assume he's a friend of Jonathan. The man smiles at you.

"You were pretty young, I can't believe how much you've grown."

Your brows knit and Clark moves to your side.

"Who is this dad?"

The man runs a hand at the back of his head.

"Sorry, I guess it was a little rude of me not to introduce myself. My name is Aaron. I'm your big brother (Y/N)."

You aren't really sure how to react to that information.