Chapter 13

The following day, you grip your bag.

You've been standing in front of this hotel for the last twenty minutes.

You just can't seem to work up the courage to go in.

Groaning, you finally just march in. Walking right up to the desk. The receptionist smiles.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, my b-brother should have left a note for me. His name is Aaron."

She nods.

"Of course."

She pulls out an envelope from under the desk, handing it with a smile.

You move to take a seat as you open it.

There's an extra room key as well as a phone number.

Pulling out your phone, you dial the number. When it rings, you swallow any anxieties.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's (Y/N). I-I want to talk."

This is the first step in the right direction.

~~

You can't seem to stop fidgeting.

As you enter the restaurant, you give the reception desk your name and a waiter guides you to your table. Aaron is already there. The moment he sees you, he smiles, moving over and pulling out the chair. You smile in thanks, taking a seat. The waiter gives you the menus and you both get a glass of water as you look over the options.

The minute the waiter walks away, you bury your face in the menu as if it'll reveal all the secrets of the universe.

"You don't have to be so anxious."

Your tense posture must be more visible than you thought. You do your best to relax and Aaron smiles.

"I know this is a lot. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical. I didn't think I would actually find you. Harry sealed your files and changed your last name. When I heard he had a little sister I realized it must have been you. I was so sure that they'd put you up for adoption."

It's clear that Harry had taken every precaution.

"What's my last name?"

Aaron's expression goes soft.

"It's Morgan."

You wear an impish smile.

"Morgan. I kind of like it."

Aaron nods.

"I do too."

The air feels less strained.

You lean forward, eyes filled with curiosity.

"Tell me everything."

Aaron's smile matched your own.

"Where should I start?"