Chapter 24

It's strange, you pictured Harry's face, so when you see the wall of images playing in front of you like a movie, you stare. It's live miniature screens right there, just for you.

The flashes of Harry's past are astonishing.

You gaze at the image of him holding an infant, a bottle in hand.

"Come on, you have to drink."

The crying of the child caused his face to fall. You press your hand to the glass, because behind that sadness, a single tear drops from his cheek, right onto the baby's face.

You can see from his expression that he's exhausted, but he's still so gentle.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect them, protect you (Y/N)."

The insistent fusing of the infant seems to stop, and when those small eyes look up at him, you can see the smile begin to work on his lips.

"I promise I won't ever let anything happen to you."

This time when he offers the bottle, she takes it happily, drinking.

Harry simply smiles.

"I'll protect you forever."

All of those memories rush right by. One particular image has you reaching out. You step through the mirrored wall in front of you, and your body appears to phase right through.

Your head turns, because you're standing in the middle of a carnival. Your intention is to look for Harry, but the sound of a crying child distracts you. Turning your head, you move towards the girl that's standing off to the side, sobbing as she desperately tries to wipe her tears away.

You kneel.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did you lose your parents?"

The young girl looks up and you're stunned at the reflection of yourself as a toddler.

"H-He told me to stay there but I didn't listen. I-I can't find my brother." She breaks out in another fit of tears and you do your best to calm her down. It's strange, seeing yourself like this.

"It's okay, don't worry. I'm going to help you find Harry."

Her eyes widened, hope now clear.

"You know my brother?"

"Yes, come on, let's go and look for help."

She reaches out, but pauses.

"What's wrong?"

"He says that I shouldn't talk to strangers."

You can't hide the smile.

"Well then we should become acquainted. My name is (Y/N)."

Her eyes light up.

"That's my name!"

Despite the tears that are still present, she's smiling brightly.

"That's awesome, when we find your brother we should tell him." She nods eagerly, grabbing your hand. You laugh as she begins pulling you in a random direction.

"I think we're going in the wrong direction." You offer with a giggle. She stops, looking around the sea of bodies the best she can given her height.

You search the area, spotting the tent.

"It's this way."

She tightens her hold as you head for the tent. It takes a while to get to the other side. When you do, you spot a familiar head of dark hair. It takes her a moment to spot Harry, but the moment she does, she's ecstatic.