Chapter 5

Chapter 5
2023-9-26 08:42 Category: The infatuated male protagonist does not exist [Through the Book]Turn off the lights

There are no guests on the second floor, only a few warm yellow corridor lights are turned on, and the light is a bit dim. The long corridor is covered with carpets, which are soft when stepped on, and the sound of footsteps is sucked in.

Qin Mingyuan knew the most basic courtesy and did not go to those rooms casually. He found the open-air balcony at the end of the corridor, opened the glass door and walked out.

There was an outdoor sofa set on the balcony, which was cleaned regularly. It looked very clean, but he did not sit on it. He walked to the railing and stood still. He took out a cigarette and held it in his mouth. There was a "click" sound, and the flames glowed in the dimness. Light up his face and give the cigarette light.

He took a sip, took it away between his two fingers, and slowly exhaled the smoke, which was blown away in the night by the breeze.

With the other hand, he played with the metal lighter twice and put it back in his pocket.

The weather was still very cold in February, so standing outdoors in a thin suit was not a good choice. Qin Mingyuan didn't mind, but he felt that the mania in his heart had dissipated a lot.

The bright light in the hall on the first floor shines through the glass windows. From this angle, he can vaguely see the well-dressed people inside. He wonders if he is missing and they are still able to attend the banquet with peace of mind.

He smiled mockingly in his heart, raised his hand and took a puff of cigarette, not knowing who was the real protagonist of this birthday party.

After finishing one cigarette, he did not light a second one. He stood there quietly waiting for the smell of cigarettes to dissipate from his body. He raised his hand to look at his watch, turned around and left the balcony.

Stepping into the sound-absorbing carpet in the room, he lowered his eyes and straightened his slightly folded cuffs and walked forward. When he raised his eyes, his eyes paused and his footsteps stopped.

There was an electric wheelchair parked at the top of the stairs. A thin young man sat on it. From the side, you could see his superior nose bridge and long eyelashes.

He looked at the stairs in front of him with half-closed eyes. There was no expression on his face and he stayed there quietly.

"Want to help?" Qin Mingyuan was kind enough and walked over.

The young man who heard the voice turned his head and saw a very handsome face. The eyes staring at him were large and the pupils were very dark, which made the lights in the corridor even brighter.

His skin was very pale, not very healthy, probably caused by not going out to see the sun often. His body was very thin, and the arms that were resting on the armrests of the wheelchair were so thin that they didn't even look like they belonged to an adult male.

"No, thank you."

He didn't seem surprised that there was someone here, and there was no unnecessary expression on his cold face because of his appearance. He left behind four short words and steered the wheelchair away, sliding into the depths of the corridor on the other side, submerged in the dimness. In the shadows.

Qin Mingyuan raised his eyebrows without saying anything, put his right hand into his pants pocket, turned around and went downstairs, and suddenly stopped when he reached the middle platform.

He glanced at the bright lights downstairs, then raised his eyes to the dimly lit second floor. Standing at the junction of two worlds, he suddenly remembered who that person was just now.