AA3

Just like throughout most of her life, Amil found herself venting to her grandmother. She frustratedly relayed her feelings while folding her laundry. She didn't use the campus laundry room often, being that her family wasn't too far away. Today was definitely a big reminder of why she skipped out on the laundry room. It was lethal. If you didn't sit in there and watch each of your cycles, there was a chance that your clothes wet or dry would most likely be on top of the washer or dryer that you left them in, and you wouldn't know who the culprit was.

"Then she had the nerve to tell me she's been working there for twenty one years—I sholl can't tell. Anybody with common sense knows inclusiveness is in right now." Amil bustled while reaching in her basket, and grabbing the next article of clean clothing. "She hating on you—that's just what that is." Laura replied, causing Amil to silently chuckle to herself. For as long as she could remember, that was her grandma's response to all of her feuds.

"Honestly, granny. I think she only said that girl didn't align with the brand because she was black and on the more urban side." Amil replied, switching the phone to the opposite side. The situation was still heavy on her mind. Every time she thought about it, she'd get mad all over again. Amil found herself browsing through the company's social media, which further added to her point that the company didn't care for black women.

This was one of the sole reasons she created her blog. To highlight women who looked like her, since it was obvious people who didn't look like her weren't. Amil was adamant about showcasing black women in a positive light, unlike a lot of other blogs that were popular within the community. "That's how them people do, baby." Laura replied.

"That's what Michael Jackson said in that song." She added. Amil paused for a moment before erupting into laughter. "Granny—girl, what?" She continued to laugh.

"Yeah, girl. Michael Jackson said it—you must don't know nothing bout that." Laura laughed as well. Amil folded her last clothing item and began the process of putting them away into her plastic dresser. The sound of a few knocks against her door caught her attention. Instantly, she assumed it was Skylar and that she forget her key, which was a normal occurrence. "Let me call me you back, Granny." Amil voiced.

"Alright, baby. I love you." Laura replied, making a smile form on Amil's face. "I love you too." She replied.  They announced their goodbyes one last time before ending the call. Amil tossed her phone onto her bed and traveled over to the door.

Upon opening the door, she was surprised to see that it wasn't Skylar, instead it was a girl she'd never seen before accompanied by two other girls that she could recall seeing around campus. "Can I help you?" Amil questioned.

"You Amil?" The girl in the middle questioned with an underlying attitude laced through her voice. "Who's asking?" Amil questioned, returning the same energy.

"Landon's cousin, Tajah. My auntie told me come see about you, since you ain't show up to my cousin hearing." She explained. Amil couldn't believe how ten toes down people were for their families, even when they knew damn well their family member was wrong. Personally, the title wasn't enough to make Amil condone bullshit.

"Girl—fuck you and your auntie. I'm not fighting you cause yo' stupid ass cousin went on a dummy mission." Amil argued. "We know you snitched on him—how he tell you and get caught a few days later?" Tajah replied. It was clear that the Apple didn't fall to far from the tree, and God was passing around an extra round of ignorance when he made this family.

"Girl, go find you some fuckin' business that ain't me. Y'all needa be sellin' fish plates but y'all worried about who snitched, fuckin dumb asses." Amil fussed before slamming her door in their faces. Of course, they felt played so they shouted at the closed door, even sending a few blows at it. Amil waved them off before going to finish putting away her clothes. She had bigger shit to worry about, that didn't include a grown ass man and his choices.