AA27

Warning! ⚠️ Explicit content ahead, not suitable for those under the age of 18. In other words..wattpad pls don't delete my shit

Just as Amil thought, obtaining her degree didn't bring any special clarity into her life. Instead, she believed that she was going through what was called a "post grad slump". There was a new murky feeling that was shadowing the excitement of graduating. She felt like it was all in vain, considering that she wasn't sure which way to turn. Yeah, she had her degree, but what the hell was she supposed to do now?

Amil became uninterested in a lot of things that she usually loved, including the blog. It was hard to create or even execute ideas while in her current funk. She was starting to wonder why she was even doing it. There was no advancing in her career, nor any funds from running her blog. Amil was starting to believe that doing it for the love of it just simply wasn't enough, specifically with her current circumstances. Everything she did needed to make sense, and or make cents.

A loud sigh fell from Amil's mouth as she pushed her laptop off of her lap. She then climbed out of the king sized bed and trailed out of the bedroom, and to the living room. Moving slowly, as she woke up this morning with a terrible headache. When Amil was undergoing a lot of stress, she had a habit of clenching her teeth in sleep, which resulted in her waking up with headaches during those times. To make matters worse, Zion still wasn't home. He had about three days left before his return, but Amil was still missing him dearly.

With Zion being away and Amil graduating without a career lined up, her days were pretty empty. She pondered on starting a new hobby, but knew she wouldn't be able to commit, due to her current circumstances. A lot of her time was spent lying in the bed, staring at her laptop and hoping that the passion she once felt for her blog would come back. She knew her problem was detrimental when she skimmed over her draft topics, and none of them garnered an afflatus for her.

Once making it to the kitchen, Amil opened both sides of the fridge and browsed the organized shelves. With Zion gone, she was opting for simple breakfasts these days, containing a lot of avocado, since her boyfriend wasn't a fan of it. She grabbed the green sphere, and gently squeezed it to test its ripeness. After finding that it was to her liking, Amil then grabbed the carton of eggs and the pack of bacon.

The sudden sound of scratching grabbed her attention, she stopped what she was doing and walked over to the front door, where she let Meaty back in the house and closed the door behind him. Amil wasn't up for much running either, so she'd let Meaty out to do his business by himself.

After making it back to the kitchen, she eyed her ingredients and let out a sigh. She didn't really have an appetite, and didn't feel like cooking, knowing she wouldn't enjoy the meal at the moment. Amil gathered her ingredients and put them back where they belonged, a few items at a time. Just as she turned around, she caught her phone lighting up with a call. While she was hoping it was Zion, she was pleased to see that it was actually Yanira.

"GoodMorning." Amil greeted, placing the phone on speaker and resting it on the granite counter top. "GoodMorning, my flight from Miami is only two hours long, so I should be there by one. I'll meet you directly from the airport." Yani replied.

Amil's eyebrows faintly furrowed as she adjusted her weight to one leg. "You don't wanna stop at your hotel for a bit beforehand?" She questioned. At last, their meeting day finally came. It was all Amil could think about, and it gave her a case of cold feet. She wondered if ignorance was truly bliss, and how the information that she hoped to get from Yani would change her life.

"No, it's fine—I'll call you when I land, my plane is boarding, Mija." Yani replied. Shortly, the call concluded and Amil found her cold feet to be freezing. It felt so surreal to finally hear a story that wasn't the unfinished anecdote from her father. Speaking of Lloyd, he had no knowledge of what was going on today. Knowing her father, he'd probably try to talk her out of it, considering he claimed that he didn't know Yani.