AA12

Bitch ain't even scratch my face, Amil thought to herself as she studied herself in the bathroom mirror. Not a scratch, bump, or bruise was left behind to reveal that she'd gotten into a fracas. The only sign was the pain that struck through her right hand and faintly traveled to her wrist, in reason that she was swinging with that hand. Amil's solo staring competition halted once she heard the door to her room open in close, it was just who she needed to see.

What transpired last night was still currently unbeknownst to Skylar, considering it was her first time back home in 24 hours. Roles switched, and Skylar was the one spending the night somewhere else. "Amil." Skylar's voiced carried as she called out while stepping further into the room. Amil shut off the light before swinging the bathroom door and open and walking out.

Skylar smiled once her eyes rested on her friend, "I thought you'd be gone." She announced, Amil shook her head no. "I'm still here." She voiced, heading over to her bed. Before sliding in, she noticed both of the letters Landon sent her, making her realize that she slept on top of the last night. Amil grabbed both of them and tossed them in the trash before continuing to sandwich herself between her sheet and comforter.

"I watched Mar stroll last night and decided to just come back here after that—well, that was after I fought Zaria." Amil spoke, sneaking in the last part just how she planned to. Skylar's smile dropped as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Fought Zaria?" She questioned.

"That crazy bitch followed me when I was leaving the party and told me to post up—So I did and we started fighting. Campus security came and broke it up, though." Amil explained. She didn't expect her first fight to be over something that had absolutely nothing to do with her. To be honest, she had no plans of fighting at all as a grown ass senior in college.

"Oh, then she gon' say, she gon fight us every time she us, while the security was dragging her away." Amil added, as that was the part that stuck out to her the most. "Oh, she can see me right now—I never gave a fuck." Skylar spoke while slipping off the sterling silver rings off of all ten of her manicured fingers.

"Why would she be trynna fight you over some shit I did to her?" Skylar added, attempting to reach for the door, only for Amil to stop her in her tracks. "It's already speculation about the fight y'all had in here—just let shit debrief, don't go looking for her." She preached. Amil's scholarship was heavy on her mind after fighting Zaria on school grounds, considering that there was a major risk of losing your scholarship as a result of fighting.

"Debrief?" Skylar questioned in disbelief. "She followed you while you were by yourself, Amil!" She added, Amil shook her head no.

"If you go look for her, it'll seem like you're constantly seeking her out—nobody knows that she verbally called us out but me. If she ain't in your face in that moment, just let it fly." Amil attempted to reason.

"I don't give a fuck about her calling me out—I'm irritated that she dry picked with you." Skylar fussed. Considering that this situation was between her and Zaria, Amil believed that Skylar was feeling a bit of guilt that she was the reason that Amil was in the middle of their mess.

"I promise I'm good—look at my face, still tea. No scratches no bruises." Amil spoke, grandiosely showing off her blemish free face. "Hoe swam the whole time—how you run up on somebody and swim?" She teased, making them laugh. For it to be her first altercation, Amil was certain that she held her own, Zaria being her opponent didn't make it hard at all.

"I'm glad you held your own—I never doubted it, though." Skylar announced, sitting her Marc Jacobs spend the night bag on her bed. She removed the clothes a couple pieces at a time, packing them back into her plastic dresser. "Why you say that?" Amil questioned.