AA15

I had to choose between editing the chapter and updating tonight and I chose y'all! Lmao

An unexplainable joy roamed Amil's body as she pushed her feet into a pair of Gallery Dept Uggs. This was her first time slipping on Ugg boots for the season, now that the weather finally permitted. For Amil, the joy of slipping on a fresh pair came second to none.

Now that both her feet were in the sheepskin lined boots, Amil stood up to get a full view of her outfit in Zion's mirror. She was dressed in a vintage dark blue velour Juicy Couture tracksuit, that was decorated with pink rhinestone cherries on both the back of the jacket and the front of her left thigh.

Amil reached for her bag and slipped it on her shoulder, all while her eyes remained locked on herself. Though she was missing the creative reign that wearing extensions gave her, Amil was falling in love with sporting her natural hair. She was a straight natural, meaning she mostly wore her hair in a pressed state instead of curly, but she still loved it. Somehow, it made her feel free.

Finally, Amil headed out of the bedroom and to the living room, where Zion was standing in front the TV while indulging in a small bowl of lucky charms. Amil lightly chuckled at the sight of him, he looked like a big kid, enjoying his cereal while barely two inches away from the television. Chuckling at the cartoons, like he was a little boy again. Amil couldn't help but to melt at how precious he was. "I'm ready." Amil announced, causing him to look over at her. "I done made me some cereal—I ain't know how long you was gon' take." He replied.

Zion walked over to the kitchen and sipped some of the milk, that was now flavored from the cereal out of his bowl, before dumping the rest and sitting the black ceramic bowl into the sink. He then ran water into it and added a drop of  dish soap. "Ight—I'm coming." Zion thought out loud, tossing the paper towel that he used to dry his hands into the trash.

The duo dipped through the wash room, getting them to the garage, where they hopped inside Zion's Challenger. Amil's father kept his word, and sent her the funds for her to purchase her brand new laptop, which caused for a trip to the mall. Before driving off, they stopped in the driveway. Zion scrolled through his Apple Music, attempting to find the perfect song. He was big on the music he drove off to being perfect and fitting the mood.

"I know what you wanna hear." Zion announced. A proud smile covered his face as he nodded his head, as if he had something up his sleeve. Amil pursed her lips together, rubbing in her gloss while watching him scroll. Finally, he stopped at a playlist titled Pretty Milly's Mix.

Once Zion hit shuffle, Light Me Up by Ravyn Lenae began to leak out of the speaker. Amil looked over at Zion with an impressed look on her face. "Not you did yo' homework." She jested, endearingly reaching over and lightly pushed his shoulder. Amil then motioned for the phone, allowing her to scroll through the playlist that was laced with her favorite songs.

"I took notes and did my homework—I paid attention to the blog and yo' instagram stories." Zion explained. Amil's thumb slowly slid across the screen, as she continued to scroll through the playlist. Momentarily, she reached to the end, revealing that there were 30 songs.

Amil took her eyes off of the phone and placed them Zion, all while flashing the smile that Zion believed was beyond compare. "Now, every time you in my passenger seat, you got a playlist we gon' listen to." Zion announced, causing Amil to lightly chuckle as she fastened her seatbelt.

"I like the music you play, too." She announced while recording herself, using the Instagram story camera. Suddenly, Zion's tattooed hand appeared in the camera as he gently used her chin to make her face him, he then moved in and planted a kiss on her lips, that seconds later intensified. Even Zion's lightest kisses were sensual, his tender hold on her chin sent a tingling sensation through her body as their lips slowly locked. Considering that Amil used the hands free feature when recording, she captured all of it in her video.