AA11

Daybreak made its debut by casting its effulgent sunbeams over the city, and into the windows in Zion's bedroom. Amil's eyes briefly fluttered before fully opening. Almost immediately, she noticed the heavy weight that held her through the night was no longer weighting on top of her. Confused, Amil rolled over to see that Zion's side of the bed was empty. A frown covered her face as she sat up and pulled the comforter off of her body. She assumed he was off to work, but she still wished he would've woken her up and told her—it wouldn't have been an issue for her.

Amil slipped out of Zion's king sized bed and grabbed her pillow to fluff it back into shape, before she returned it to its spot and started making the bed. Truthfully, she didn't make up her own bed a lot of the time, but it felt wrong to be the last person out of a bed that wasn't yours and not make it up. Once she was finished, she folded Zion's throw blanket and draped it across the bed, much like he always did.

Amil sashayed over to the bathroom, where she came across Zion. Her eyebrows furrowed in perplexity as she watched him slip on his work shirt over his tattooed upper body and walk over to her. He greeted her with a kiss on the forehead before connecting their bodies for an embrace. "I thought you left already." She announced, Zion shook his head no.

"I'm about to, though." He replied, which was pretty obvious; as he was actively suiting up into his work clothes. "Why didn't you wake me up?" Amil questioned, taking off her bonnet scarf combo and letting her hair unravel and fall into place. "You picked me up—I woulda been stuck here, and I got an afternoon class." She added.

Zion shook his head no, "I was gon' tell you that you can drive my other car—you ain't gon' be stranded, I wouldn't let that happen." He explained. This other car was unknown to Amil, she never saw it, as it was parked in the garage that she'd never been to.

Amil moved in closer to him and began to help him button the shell that went over his undershirt. Zion had a specific cologne that he wore to work only, Noir by Tom Ford and it was rousing. It was a grown man fragrance, but still not too overpowering—the redolence was sure to make it to the room before him, and introduce him as a man that's about his business.

The spicy vanilla aroma intertwined with his natural scent, making Amil feel under the influence as she took him in with every inhalation. "Drive your car...that must be your way of making sure I spend the night again." She teased while looking up at him, resulting in him letting out a low chuckle.

"The way you was knocked out—I know you'll be back." Zion joked, making Amil laugh. She definitely slept like a baby in his bed last night. She wasn't sure if it was the fact that he had a blanket warmer that he put the comforter in before they went to sleep or if it was him holding her as if her feared her slipping through his fingers. Whether it was either of the two, Amil loved it there.

Amil finished buttoning the army print shell and allowed her hands to travel to his collar. A smile perched her lips as she eyed him while fixing his collar. "You look so cute." She announced, jokingly brushing off his shoulders. She didn't want to hold him up any longer, so she stepped over to the sink and grabbed the toothbrush and paste that she packed with her. Zion politely slipped behind her to leave the bathroom, doing what Amil assumed was finish getting ready for work.

"You made the bed up?" Zion yelled out in disbelief from the room, making Amil chuckle. "Yeah." She answered before spitting the excess toothpaste into the sink and continuing to brush. Seconds later, Zion appeared in the doorframe behind her.

"You really made up the bed?" He questioned again. Amil laughed while shaking her head yes. "I was the last one to get out of it." She shrugged, pouring mouthwash into her mouth and swishing it around prior to spitting it out. Amil noticed that Zion didn't reply, instead he held a certain look on his face while his eyes were fixated on her.