AA6

To Amil's surprise, when her eyes slowly fluttered open this morning it was still dark outside. At this point, she was used to waking up early for class, which meant she was up early on the weekends as well. Amil slipped out of the bed and headed toward the door, to make it to the restroom. The only thing she missed when she came home from school was the bathroom being in her dorm, versus having to leave her room to go to the bathroom when she was at home.

Amil stepped into the bathroom and did her business before washing her hands and stepping back out. She slipped into bed, immediately laying her head on the pillow with hopes of quickly falling back asleep. Her head rested against the pillow, with her eyes tightly shut. She was trying desperately to fall asleep, but her attempt was to no avail.

Once she became one with the fact that she was up for the morning, Amil sat up and grabbed her phone. She posted a new entry and pictures onto her blog and Instagram, which was giving her a lot of traction on both platforms. Amil did a brief skim before looking through the rest of her missed notifications.

Of course there was a text at exactly 6:30 from Zion wishing her a GoodMorning. He hadn't missed a day since Amil told him that she woke up at 6:30. Though it was becoming routine, seeing the message put a smile on Amil's face. The fact that she was on his mind every morning had her smitten. Instead of texting him back, Amil decided to call. She hit the top of the message before pressing the phone up to her ear. A few moments later, Zion's voice slid through the phone. His voice was normally deep, but was even deeper in the morning.

"Hey." Amil greeted back while laying on her side. The sound in the background let Amil know that Zion was driving and most likely on his way to work. He was always up early, but some days he was up earlier than usual for something called PT. Physical training to ensure that his body remained in shape in the event that he had to go fight in a war. "You up early." She added with a slight chuckle as she reached for her necklace, and began to toy with it.

"Yeah—I had PT...a nigga going back home right now though." Zion replied. "How was it?" Amil questioned.

"I mean...shit." Zion spoke before blowing breath from his nose. "Imagine getting up to do some shit you technically ain't getting paid for—shit dry." He added. Slowly but surely, the sun began to rise. These days, Amil was starting to notice a pattern with her and sunrises.

"And you still find the time to text me GoodMorning...aww." Amil replied, as she was genuinely touched by his efforts. "Of course...why wouldn't I text you when you on my mind." Zion voiced. Amil pursed her lips together as her cheeks were turning red with elation.

"What you doing today?" He questioned. Amil shrugged as if he could see her. College made weekends unimportant to her. She knew first had that you could randomly have fun on a Tuesday after class and do completely nothing on a Saturday.

"I don't really have anything planned." She answered. Amil didn't have anything planned with her family, she simply came back home on the weekends because her body was getting accustomed to sleeping in a queen sized bed for those 2 nights. "That's perfect, cause I got something planned for us." Zion replied.

"Like what?" Amil asked as the feeling of excitement washed over her body. "You don't wanna be surprised?" Zion questioned back.

"No, I'll save the surprises for my birthday." She joked, causing them to laugh. "I get it. I know women don't like to be overdressed and shit like that." Zion spoke.

"Oh, imma be overdressed anyway. I just like to know what occasion I'm overdressing for." Amil replied. This was something she picked up from her grandmother. No matter where Laura was going, best believe she was dressed up and her hair was fixed. Even her lounge clothes were dressier than the average person's.