AA21

The lullaby that was Amil's standard iPhone ringer sounded into the air, causing her run to slowly wane as she reached for it in the pocket of her hoodie. She used her other hand to take strength of Meaty's collar. Despite spam calls being at an all time high, Amil still answered every unknown number that called her phone. She figured that it stemmed from the delusion that maybe one day she'd answer and the person on the other line would be her mother. How would her mother get her number and name? Amil wasn't sure, but it was nice to be delusional and cover it up and optimistic.

Amil panted for a few seconds, attempting to catch her breath before hitting the lime green button and moving the phone up to her ear. "Hello." She greeted with uncertainty threaded into her voice. "Amil—this is Marie, Your dad's fiancee. I got your number from Brianna." Marie announced. Amil made her face up as she pulled away to look at the caller ID. Seconds later, she placed the phone back to the side of her face and attempted to gather her thoughts.

"I'm sorry if it's too early, I woke up this morning with you on my mind and the fact that I'm hoping to start our relationship. I know how much you mean to your father and I also know that it would mean the world to him for his favorite people to have a connection." Marie quickly spoke, as if she feared that Amil would hang up.

"I know you're graduating soon, I was hoping that we could bond over finding the perfect dress for you—I'll be in Houston this weekend, if you're interested, I'll make some calls to some designers and have them pull some pieces for you." She added. Amil cleared her throat as she watched the sunrise slowly ascend, making the setting much more brighter than a few minutes ago.

At present, Amil was up for her morning run. She hadn't been as consistent, but she woke up earlier than normal and found it to be the perfect opportunity. So, she attached Meat's collar to him and left Zion sleeping in the house. It was a bit earlier and not the brightest when she first left, which explained why she brought Meaty with her.

The sound of acrylic nails tapping against a flat surface reminded Amil that she was still taking a call. "I'll think about it." Amil honestly replied, stopping to let Meat handle his business. "And if this weekend is too sudden, I'll still come up with something we can do together. Me, you, and Brianna." Marie lightly chuckled. Amil didn't crack a smile or a chuckle while looking at the sunrise.

She still felt like everything was so rushed, even Marie attempting to form a relationship with her. She couldn't help but to wonder why Marie was interested in building a bond with Lloyd's children after he proposed. It was all ass backwards to her. To be quite frank, Amil didn't give a damn who her father dated. She'd be a fool to think a rich man who didn't physically live with his kids wasn't rampantly dating, but marriage made it a completely different story.

"Have you started wedding planning yet?" Amil questioned, completely abandoning the prior topic. "A few specifics here and there...I'd love for this to be something that you and Brianna have a hand in as well." Marie replied.

Amil looked down to see that Meaty was finished and waiting for her to continue their walk. She put a firm hold on the hand rest of the leash and continued the path that would lead her back home. "Not to be rude, but why is this a mission for you so late in the game?" Amil questioned before adjusting her hat on her head.

Marie's immediate lack of response told her everything that she needed to know. She knew that it was weird just as much as Amil did. "And why would you say yes to a man's proposal and you don't even know his family?" Amil questioned. "It's odd to me." She added.

"Because I love him and it's difficult to push those things when you and said family members live in different states—" Marie managed to speak before Amil abruptly cut her off, saying, "Not just family members—his children, his literal children. And you didn't think once to do as little as a FaceTime call?"