AA23

Amil was starting to believe that her job was too good to be true. Here she was, up at the ass crack of dawn getting ready for work, but she wasn't complying, in reason that she really not only enjoyed her job, but the people she worked with as well. So while she was curling her hair and softly singing along to the music that played from her phone, she was enjoying every minute of it. Work didn't feel like work, considering a major part of her job was her being able to utilize her creativity.

"Babe." Zion voice called out, causing Amil to look toward the door. Seconds later, he arrived, sticking his head between the space of the semi opened door. "You seen my name patch?" Zion questioned, stepping into the bathroom and grabbing a fresh white face cloth from the basket that separated the tempered glass sinks. 

There was a shift in their relationship now that Amil no longer stayed in her dorm, and was spending a lot of time at Zion's house. It was unspoken, but you could almost say that Amil had moved in. She'd wake up and go to sleep with him and they were enjoying meals that she prepared together. She'd redecorated the bathroom, and was also occupying most of the master bedroom closet space with her archive fashions and shoes.

"It's on the dresser, hun." Amil replied, grabbing a silver clip and wrapping her piece of freshly curled hair around her pointer and middle fingers, before sticking the clip through, to set the curl. As of late, this was how most of their mornings went. The duo was up and getting ready for work together.

"I gotta go to a Thanksgiving program tomorrow when I get off work." Zion announced while carefully removing his durag, exposing his waved cut. He then reached in the dresser and grabbed a bristle brush, that he used to briefly go over the top of his head. "Thanksgiving program?" Amil lightly chuckled at how random it was.

"Yeah, one of my soldiers lil boy got a program and he got shipped off last month, so he asked a couple of us can we go and fill in for him. You know...show our military brotherhood." Zion explained. Amil smiled at how sweet the story turned out to be. "That's nice of y'all to step in." She spoke while steadily turning the curling iron, to achieve the perfect curl.

"Yeah...imma cut his hair and shit when I get off work." Zion announced, causing Amil to pause. She pondered for a moment, wondering if she really wanted to wake shit up this early or not, right before they went to work. Fuck it, Amil thought to herself as she turned to the side to face her boyfriend.

"See...this is what I was talking about." Amil announced as she turned to him. Though Zion didn't say anything, she could see the annoyance all over his face, being that he knew that Amil was about to start with him. "What you was talkin' bout, Pretty Milly?" Zion questioned, rubbing the warm rag over his face, focusing on the crevices of his eyes. Almost making Amil double down, and do away with starting with him. She figured it was too late to back out of her bit, so she continued.

"After we get home and eat and all that, we're only left with like an hour to spend time together before you start getting ready for bed—so when you choose to play the game, it cuts that time down by a lot." Amil spoke. She clipped her last curled and finally plugged out her curling wand.

"I barely even played the game before we started fuckin—and while I was playing, I kept asking you to come sit with me, so we could at least spend some quality time together." Zion replied, grabbing his cetaphil face wash and pumping it into his hands, before rubbing it into his face. Amil scoffed while subtly shaking her head. She knew that Zion was 100% aware that they wouldn't even have had sex while he was focused on the game, if she didn't initiate it.

"Shit gon' look different during the week, bae. We not teenagers that don't have nothing but time, we adults that got real life shit to do day by day. We both work and you finna graduate in a couple weeks, I don't really expect us to have all the free time in the world right now." He added, leaning over and washing the cleanser off of his face. "I know that, and I never minded you getting on the game, I just wanted us to spend some time together before then at least." Amil replied, running her lipgloss tube over her pouty lips.